Battery went from Full to dead in 12 hours in sleep mode

#21rahxephon122Posted 2/3/2013 2:04:29 PM
MrKunio posted...
Playsaver posted...
Well it probibly is because you had a 3ds game running in sleep mode. If you had shutdown the game and gone back to the main menu that sleep mode would probibly have lasted a lot longer.
I'm guessing here but probibly some 3ds and ds games will use more power in sleep mode then when the main menu of the 3ds is in sleep mode. I generaly only have my 3ds in sleep mode when im in the main menu. Some ds games seem to freeze up my 3ds when in sleep mode on a 3ds.

Ive never had the battery drain so quick like this before but I have had the 3ds shut off a lot because I have it in sleep mode during gameplay.

It randomly freezes with a black screen in sleep mode and I have to hold the power button down for almost a minute to restart the system.

I might just have to start exiting to the menu next time I take it somewhere and see if that works better.

I almost always have a 3ds game running in sleep mode and I've never had battery issues.

@TC, I know your problem. It's where the 3ds doesn't "wake up" after sleep mode. I used to have that problem a year ago but it quit doing it after an update. Now days I get it very very frequently to the point where it isn't a problem at all. It's still annoying but for the most part it was fixed by an update since this used to be a very common issue.
If your 3ds isn't at the current firmware I'd see if updating fixes it.

Also, do you have an aqua blue 3ds?
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#22_Unowninator_Posted 2/3/2013 2:29:44 PM
MrKunio posted...
_Unowninator_ posted...
TC, what was the last thing you remember doing with your 3DS last night?

I put it in my 3ds case and went out. It was with me indoors all night while I slept.

I also think when I closed my 3ds earlier that day I was in the wifi menu for code of princess so maybe the system thought it was online or something? At the same time I would think going into standby would cut all ties to being online.

I thought so. When the system is on Wi-Fi, sleep mode doesn't stop it from using Wi-Fi (and with DS games, sleep mode is disabled in wireless play. Not sure if it applies to the 3DS though).

Therefore, even though it was closed, it was still using extra power to stay on Wi-Fi.
---
I got suspended for impersonating myself. ~ Error1355
I got banned for admitting I was myself. I win imo
~ TRC
#23MrKunio(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:31:34 PM
rahxephon122 posted...
MrKunio posted...
Playsaver posted...
Well it probibly is because you had a 3ds game running in sleep mode. If you had shutdown the game and gone back to the main menu that sleep mode would probibly have lasted a lot longer.
I'm guessing here but probibly some 3ds and ds games will use more power in sleep mode then when the main menu of the 3ds is in sleep mode. I generaly only have my 3ds in sleep mode when im in the main menu. Some ds games seem to freeze up my 3ds when in sleep mode on a 3ds.

Ive never had the battery drain so quick like this before but I have had the 3ds shut off a lot because I have it in sleep mode during gameplay.

It randomly freezes with a black screen in sleep mode and I have to hold the power button down for almost a minute to restart the system.

I might just have to start exiting to the menu next time I take it somewhere and see if that works better.

I almost always have a 3ds game running in sleep mode and I've never had battery issues.

@TC, I know your problem. It's where the 3ds doesn't "wake up" after sleep mode. I used to have that problem a year ago but it quit doing it after an update. Now days I get it very very frequently to the point where it isn't a problem at all. It's still annoying but for the most part it was fixed by an update since this used to be a very common issue.
If your 3ds isn't at the current firmware I'd see if updating fixes it.

Also, do you have an aqua blue 3ds?

Yes I do have the Aqua Blue 3ds. Was there some kind of malfunction with this color?
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#24rahxephon122Posted 2/3/2013 2:35:06 PM(edited)
Looks like Unowninator has it figured out.

@TC, no malfunction with the color. I don't even remember why I asked lol. It just struck me that you must have an aqua blue one.
I have one too since red wasn't available or even announced at that time.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#25rahxephon122Posted 2/3/2013 2:34:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26Adrian2040Posted 2/3/2013 2:55:01 PM
You most probably had the 3DS's Wireless Switch on, thus making it stay connected to SpotPass. SpotPass keeps draining the 3DS's battery as it means the 3DS will keep being connected to the Internet via WiFi.
---
Xbox Live and PSN Account: Adrian2040N
Pokemon Black - FC: 4512 9863 4715
#27themasterpikminPosted 2/3/2013 3:26:38 PM
From a full charge my 3DS lasts about 2.5 days without taking it out of my bag on constant wifi and sleep mode.
---
(-.-) | (*.*) | (^.^) | (!.!) | (?.?) | (O.o) http://i.imgur.com/sSPvA.gif
http://i.imgur.com/hXQN5.gif http://i.imgur.com/RB2sI.gif
#28ferofaxPosted 2/3/2013 10:03:06 PM
I think it's sleep mode with game running. The 3DS probably still uses power to keep the game even in sleep mode, unlike having no game loaded. I know, kinda sucks, but it's something we will have to live with, unless of course it's just a software issue that can be fixed with a firmware upgrade. PSP wins this ones when it comes to sleep mode.

Also, having a DS game in the slot, whether running or not, will drain your battery like the whore of Babylon. My 3DS can last for up to a whole day, untouched, full charge, before dropping into critical red, with a 3DS game. With a DS game on (CivRev DS), I leave it untouched, full charge from overnight docking, and come home in the afternoon with it dead.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#29Trevor_BelmontPosted 2/3/2013 10:26:26 PM
rahxephon122 posted...
MrKunio posted...
rahxephon122 posted...
Did you stack it on another 3ds/DS when in sleep mode?

No nothing like that.

If its in a GBA/DS game I've noticed it dies quickly in sleep mode.

Doesn't it disable sleep mode when you're playing a GBA or DS game?
#30GenoPosted 2/3/2013 10:40:34 PM
I've found that when the 3DS is emulating a DS game, it drains the battery considerably faster for some unfathomable reason. This may have happened to you.

Otherwise, any other state and it lasts for days.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853