10 years of "Play Chrono Trigger!" and I've finally started it.

#21TorajimaPosted 2/3/2013 1:06:51 PM
Chrono Trigger has been on my Top 10 RPGs list for about 15 years. In fact, that list hasn't changed much since the PS1 era, though I did have to add Xenoblade last year.

I have a feeling Fire Emblem Awakening might find a home on that list as well.
#22krazykillerkowPosted 2/3/2013 1:13:06 PM
Endgame posted...
CT (which is an interactive movie, not a video game) is objectively completely ****ing stupid

the entire military might of the world in 1999 can't beat a cosmic horror, but three teenagers from 1000 AD can?!

and let's not forget what happens if 1999 is visited once the time machine has wings.....

dumbest thing I've ever seen fictional characters ever do, and I grew up on 80s cartoons and the Pokémon anime

Video games are stupid in general.
---
That don't bother me, I don't exist.-carsauce on the subject of vitasurance
#23Bancario51Posted 2/3/2013 1:21:27 PM(edited)
CT is 1000x better than Xenoblade ever was

excellent game and enjoy!
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#24jetpak12Posted 2/3/2013 2:33:13 PM
I've been meaning to play the game as well. I already have it on PS1 (FF Anthology I believe), is it worth tracking down the DS version to play instead?
#25JoeBudden42Posted 2/3/2013 2:35:08 PM
I started playing Chrono Cross for the first time the other day. It's really really impressing me so far. It's like FF7/9 mixed with Chrono Trigger. I'm loving it.
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#26lornegreeneposePosted 2/3/2013 3:11:25 PM(edited)
I think it is actually one of the few games that isn't overrated, it deserves all the praise it gets. Corridors of time could be my favourite video game music ever.

Actually the underworld music from Terranigma has to be the best.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-1614-0507
#27DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/3/2013 2:57:26 PM
jetpak12 posted...
I've been meaning to play the game as well. I already have it on PS1 (FF Anthology I believe), is it worth tracking down the DS version to play instead?

Yes because the PS1 version is pretty bad.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#28thatmovingbushPosted 2/3/2013 3:10:15 PM
jetpak12 posted...

for me, yes CT translates very well as a handheld game. that, and the ps1 game has horrible load times. the ds version has all features from past games and new settings. get it.
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#29MarsfordPosted 2/3/2013 3:13:59 PM
30 hours in? Isn't that the length if the game?

In any case, yeah...such a gem. I feel the battle system is only "very good", while the rest of the game is overwhelmingly amazing. Soundtrack, story, atmosphere...the feeling during the different eras is amazing, especially during a certain magical one.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#30656stooge(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:19:33 PM
Marsford posted...
30 hours in? Isn't that the length if the game?

lol. Not when I'm playing an RPG. Like I said, I easily spent a few hurs in the forest before I entered the fair at the beginning.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8