Nitpicky bastards

#1Lord_FroodPosted 2/3/2013 1:46:34 PM
You're all hallucinating or something. Every time I come here, there are about ten threads going "hurr durrr my screen has a smudge or something, I'll go spend more money now or wait two weeks to fix it wahh.."

I've bought every system since DS Lite; it worked right out of the box and looked fine, but then again, I didn't scrutinize every micrometer of it first, so I might have missed a stray line.
I can't blame the guy for complaining about a big gash across the screen, flickering, sticking buttons (sometimes they merely need broken in if it's NEW), a missing stylus, etc. because those are serious oversights.
But it's never that. It's lines, smudges, scuffs, specks, squeaks, clicks, "my screen is .01 lumens darker than his screen."

It's going to get scathed and abraded probably a week or so later during normal use, so who cares? It's not 10,000% pristine, nor will it look as it did immediately after the moment it was assembled. And all products will look or perform slightly different.

Bringing things back cost money, and sometimes employee morale, especially at the multitude I've seen around here, which in turn can affect future production, so quit blaming Nintendo or other companies over your OCD. And if cosmetic blemishes are really your biggest worry, then just quit buying stuff.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#2Zero_ManiacPosted 2/3/2013 1:49:27 PM
And the point of this topic was? To prevent future complaint topics? Not likely going to happen.

That said, I do agree with you 100%.
---
Currently Playing: Megaman ZX and Chrono Trigger
#3LunarRoarPosted 2/3/2013 1:55:47 PM
This is gonna end well.

*grabs popcorn*
---
http://backloggery.com/lunarroar
Official Abra of the Pokemon X/Y Boards
#4EricFlyffMasterPosted 2/3/2013 1:56:59 PM
LunarRoar posted...
This is gonna end well.

*grabs popcorn*

omg only geeks make posts like theyre rping with * *
---
im gonna be a poster like no one ever was before
#5JoeBudden42Posted 2/3/2013 2:42:55 PM(edited)
Posts in thread before it's deleted

Edit- Still wasn't deleted. Good job TC found a way around the mods(don't know how) but congrats lol
---
Canibus is the Greatest Rapper of All Time.
#6zavlinzPosted 2/3/2013 1:58:31 PM
When you see imperfections in your screen its hard to un-see them.
Thats why i dont go out of my way to look for things like dead pixels.. because chances are its not going to effect my play experience anyway, and it only bothers me if i focus on it.
#7JTC87Posted 2/3/2013 2:02:50 PM
It is the same way with smart phones, people obsess over nothing.they are imagining things because they are paranoid.
#8DerpyHoovesPosted 2/3/2013 2:05:30 PM
This topic looks familiar. Verbatim-grade familiar.
---
"Eternal Chaos.. comes with chocolate rain, you guys! Chocolate! Rain!"
#9Bancario51Posted 2/3/2013 2:06:58 PM
who is really one with OCD TC the ones mentioning this or you noticing it?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#10MrKunioPosted 2/3/2013 2:10:33 PM
I do get those lines on the top screen of my OG but they always wipe right off with a cleaning cloth.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475