Nitpicky bastards

#11RazieruPosted 2/3/2013 2:12:13 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
You're all hallucinating or something. Every time I come here, there are about ten threads going "hurr durrr my screen has a smudge or something, I'll go spend more money now or wait two weeks to fix it wahh.."

I've bought every system since DS Lite; it worked right out of the box and looked fine, but then again, I didn't scrutinize every micrometer of it first, so I might have missed a stray line.
I can't blame the guy for complaining about a big gash across the screen, flickering, sticking buttons (sometimes they merely need broken in if it's NEW), a missing stylus, etc. because those are serious oversights.
But it's never that. It's lines, smudges, scuffs, specks, squeaks, clicks, "my screen is .01 lumens darker than his screen."

It's going to get scathed and abraded probably a week or so later during normal use, so who cares? It's not 10,000% pristine, nor will it look as it did immediately after the moment it was assembled. And all products will look or perform slightly different.

Bringing things back cost money, and sometimes employee morale, especially at the multitude I've seen around here, which in turn can affect future production, so quit blaming Nintendo or other companies over your OCD. And if cosmetic blemishes are really your biggest worry, then just quit buying stuff.

Cool story, bro.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#12TakayaNorikoPosted 2/3/2013 2:18:40 PM
EricFlyffMaster posted...
LunarRoar posted...
This is gonna end well.

*grabs popcorn*

omg only geeks make posts like theyre rping with * *

*nods in agreement*
---
Before you came, they were took care of it.
#13chaomaster4000Posted 2/3/2013 2:19:58 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
so quit blaming Nintendo or other companies over your OCD

I dont care for the rest of your post, but I hate people who misuse OCD in contexts like this. What you're describing is not OCD, and OCD is similarly not something to be taken lightly or belittled.
---
"Hey! Where's MY alien donkey?"
#14Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:47:07 PM(edited)
chaomaster4000 posted...
Lord_Frood posted...
so quit blaming Nintendo or other companies over your OCD

I dont care for the rest of your post, but I hate people who misuse OCD in contexts like this. What you're describing is not OCD, and OCD is similarly not something to be taken lightly or belittled.

Sorry about that. I get that people tend to use that incorrectly, I just didn't really know what to substitute for it. And s***, it's not like I'm insulting people with OCD, no reason to say you hate people for being ignorant to the true definition. Instead of just whining incessantly (I've seen you do it before), why not educate people who use it incorrectly?
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#15rahxephon122Posted 2/3/2013 3:11:30 PM
I agree with TC 100%.

Every console I've gotten has been perfect out of the box except one when my PSP didn't come with a charger.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#16Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:16:36 PM
rahxephon122 posted...
I agree with TC 100%.

Every console I've gotten has been perfect out of the box except one when my PSP didn't come with a charger.

Okay, now that's an issue lol
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#17rahxephon122Posted 2/3/2013 3:19:52 PM
To be fair, the psp's screens and buttons were perfect.
---
#18thatmovingbushPosted 2/3/2013 3:28:59 PM
I agree, but dead pixels annoy the hell out of me. If I get a stuck/dead pixel, I am going to take advantage of that warranty.
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#19chaomaster4000Posted 2/3/2013 3:30:52 PM(edited)
Lord_Frood posted...
Instead of just whining incessantly (I've seen you do it before), why not educate people who use it incorrectly?

Have you? I barely post here >_> Furthermore that seems a little hypocritical given the subject matter of this topic.

EDIT: But you are right, perhaps I should put less emphasis on the hate and more on the "do the right thing next time". In future, just say obsessiveness rather than OCD to avoid all possibility of causing offence.
---
"Hey! Where's MY alien donkey?"
#20rahxephon122Posted 2/3/2013 3:36:29 PM
thatmovingbush posted...
I agree, but dead pixels annoy the hell out of me. If I get a stuck/dead pixel, I am going to take advantage of that warranty.

It bugs me a ton at first but I always get over it quickly.
---