Nitpicky bastards

#31FOGEDABOUDITPosted 2/3/2013 5:17:35 PM
White stain on my screen, when DS is on for a prolonged period of time it starts getting sticky. Should I complain?
---
I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse... so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange.
#32aamotPosted 2/3/2013 5:46:28 PM(edited)
White stain on my screen, when DS is on for a prolonged period of time it starts getting sticky. Should I complain?

No. It sounds like you're pushing all the right buttons.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#33hpl138Posted 2/3/2013 5:19:45 PM
One one hand, when you pay for an expensive electronic device then you want it to be in very nice condition new.

On the other, yeah some people do tend to obsess over this a little much.
#34FOGEDABOUDITPosted 2/3/2013 5:26:56 PM
hpl138 posted...
One one hand, when you pay for an expensive electronic device then you want it to be in very nice condition new.

On the other, yeah some people do tend to obsess over this a little much.

What if I like to use both hands?
---
I do so love Riften. I journeyed here in my youth. A thief took my purse... so I took his eyes. It was a fair exchange.
#35mhunterchumpPosted 2/3/2013 6:08:14 PM
Wildkatb posted...
I am VERY NitPicky! I work hard for my money and when I buy something new, it had better be flawless! It had better not have dust or smudges like its been played by employees (GS!) or returned and repackaged. It had better not have mechanical faults. The loose back cover of the XL annoys me but dead pixels or otherwise damaged screen or any non-working buttons/controls would be intolerable.

I understand returning it once, maybe even twice but that's pushing it, but the people on here that return it 4,5,6, and more times are just wrong.

Nobody is that unlucky to get that many faulty consoles in a row out of the box. At some point, people need to realize that returning that many costs the company tons of money and maybe some people their jobs over someone being anal.

If you feel you need to return that many consoles, then you are looking for a problem out of the box instead of just noticing a problem after playing it a bit.
---
PSN/Xbox: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#36kewldude475Posted 2/3/2013 6:49:47 PM
mhunterchump posted...
Wildkatb posted...
I am VERY NitPicky! I work hard for my money and when I buy something new, it had better be flawless! It had better not have dust or smudges like its been played by employees (GS!) or returned and repackaged. It had better not have mechanical faults. The loose back cover of the XL annoys me but dead pixels or otherwise damaged screen or any non-working buttons/controls would be intolerable.

I understand returning it once, maybe even twice but that's pushing it, but the people on here that return it 4,5,6, and more times are just wrong.

Nobody is that unlucky to get that many faulty consoles in a row out of the box. At some point, people need to realize that returning that many costs the company tons of money and maybe some people their jobs over someone being anal.

I hope you're not referring to me, otherwise I have a massive post explaining why your post makes you look like a moron.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#37Kill_Jill_Vol_1Posted 2/3/2013 9:08:23 PM
EricFlyffMaster posted...
LunarRoar posted...
This is gonna end well.

*grabs popcorn*

omg only geeks make posts like theyre rping with * *

Only geeks play Flyff.
---
Official Concubine of the NDF
3DS FC: 1032-2577-9994
#38Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:36:46 PM(edited)
kewldude475 posted...
talesfan215 posted...
Those lines that always appear on the 3DS when I open it is poor development on Nintendo's part. Nintendo can be critized too people, they aren't God.

As for these lines, if TC is talking about that, my black 3DS gets these pretty much every time I open it after a while. Not a big deal.

From what I've come to understand, about 90% of the "self scratching" 3DSs have that little easy problem right there. My friend actually did have a 3DS which had permanent marks on it after a while, so the problem definitely exists. I suppose people just tend to blow it out of proportion.

As for the whole returning the system 3+ times being pedantic, that's more of a matter of opinion despite how it's been stated. I mean, if you really want to go through all that hassle over whatever you consider to be a deal breaker, then by all means, go ahead. I still feel justified in saying that I think you're wasting your time, but I'll never say anything like "you're not entitled to that."

tl;dr, I may not agree with people's opinions on returning it many times, but I understand why they do.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#39FefnirOmega13Posted 2/3/2013 9:36:11 PM
Kill_Jill_Vol_1 posted...
EricFlyffMaster posted...
LunarRoar posted...
This is gonna end well.

*grabs popcorn*

omg only geeks make posts like theyre rping with * *

Only children play Flyff.

fixed
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#40kewldude475Posted 2/3/2013 9:39:39 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
kewldude475 posted...
talesfan215 posted...
Those lines that always appear on the 3DS when I open it is poor development on Nintendo's part. Nintendo can be critized too people, they aren't God.

As for these lines, if TC is talking about that, my black 3DS gets these pretty much every time I open it after a while. Not a big deal.

From what I've come to understand, about 90% of the "self scratching" 3DSs have that little easy problem right there. My friend actually did have a 3DS which had permanent marks on it after a while, so the problem definitely exists. I suppose people just tend to blow it out of proportion.

As for the whole returning the system 3+ times being pedantic, that's more of a matter of opinion despite how it's been stated. I mean, if you really want to go through all that hassle over whatever you consider to be a deal breaker, then by all means, go ahead. I still feel justified in saying that I think you're wasting your time, but I'll never say anything like "you're not entitled to that."

tl;dr, I may not agree with people's opinions on returning it many times, but I understand why they do.

I DID feel like it was a waste of time. But a necessary waste of time. Having to deal with annoying problems the first day of owning a system is just unacceptable.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475