Fire Emblem: Awkening Digital or Physical?

#41ultimatecouchpotatoPosted 2/3/2013 8:07:22 PM
Nintendo's digital downloads mean you pay the same price for the privilege of wasting GBs of your own storage, not being able to share or sell your games and having no guarantee you can get them back if something happens to your system or the game becomes inaccessible from the eShop. I can't believe people fall for this just because they can't wait 48 hours for a game.
#42ares9090Posted 2/3/2013 8:11:09 PM
I'm buying digital. Copied and pasted from earlier thread:

The old-school gamer in me likes physical media, and has a special fondness for cartridges.

But the benefits of digital downloads are too great to ignore. It's nice having demos available for most games (without the demo, I wouldn't be buying Fire Emblem). It's really nice having all my games available on the 3DS, and not have to worry about carrying/losing those tiny cartridges. I don't have to worry about niche games (like RPGs) selling out, and I can buy titles with low print runs a year later without paying exorbitant prices on Amazon/Ebay.

If I want to buy on release day, I can get the game 9 hours earlier than my local stores open, and can avoid dealing with the annoying employees at a certain national video game chain.

So yeah, I see myself buying more digital releases in the future.

I hope your 3DS gets lost, and I mean it
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#43thompsontalker7Posted 2/3/2013 8:30:05 PM
Probably digital.

I rather not cling to petty things like the satisfaction of having another game box on my shelf if it means having the game wherever I go.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#44Invader_SpoochPosted 2/3/2013 8:31:41 PM
ares9090 posted...
I'm buying digital. Copied and pasted from earlier thread:

The old-school gamer in me likes physical media, and has a special fondness for cartridges.

But the benefits of digital downloads are too great to ignore. It's nice having demos available for most games (without the demo, I wouldn't be buying Fire Emblem). It's really nice having all my games available on the 3DS, and not have to worry about carrying/losing those tiny cartridges. I don't have to worry about niche games (like RPGs) selling out, and I can buy titles with low print runs a year later without paying exorbitant prices on Amazon/Ebay.

If I want to buy on release day, I can get the game 9 hours earlier than my local stores open, and can avoid dealing with the annoying employees at a certain national video game chain.

So yeah, I see myself buying more digital releases in the future.

I hope your 3DS gets lost, and I mean it

and i hope you lose your game cart.
#45salmonjamPosted 2/3/2013 9:09:14 PM
Most likely digital. I'd prefer a physical copy, but I have a US region 3DS and I live in Japan. The less physical "stuff" I have, the better, seeing as how my place doesn't have much extra space. Also, by the time I import the US version it will end up taking longer and costing more money than if I just downloaded the digital version. Actually, the fact that so many major 3DS releases hit the eShop day 1 is a godsend for someone in my situation.
---
GT: dookpoops
#46EsracPosted 2/3/2013 9:28:49 PM
Torajima posted...
temgun posted...
Physical of course. I'm never going digital on consoles, much less on Nintendo consoles. Once consoles adopt a system like Steam, I'm all over for digital. But since it's truly impossible, it's a never.

Why would anyone want Nintendo to adopt a system like Steam?

Steam truly sucks, unless they've made major improvements in the past couple of years.

You should be more specific, because Steam is pretty fantastic. Probably the best digital distribution system/program. I've never had a problem with it.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Esrac
#47Arsene-LupinPosted 2/3/2013 9:48:06 PM
Until Nintendo creates a universal account system: ALWAYS PHYSICAL.

---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#48Bancario51(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:16:58 PM
I decided to go both thanks to all you guys feedback.

I want the artbook and from what I hear the 3DS game might be a collectors item. keepin it sealed, keepin it real'

y'all peace. dl almost done
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#49ultimatecouchpotatoPosted 2/4/2013 2:56:19 AM
Bancario51 posted...
I decided to go both thanks to all you guys feedback.

I want the artbook and from what I hear the 3DS game might be a collectors item. keepin it sealed, keepin it real'

y'all peace. dl almost done

Can I have a few bucks from your money tree?
#50TeremeiPosted 2/4/2013 3:25:28 AM
considering I have so many games (and good ones at that) I haven't even started yet. I think I can wait. I have a pre-order bonus artbook with gamestop, and I always chose physical if it's a choice that is.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing: