3DS game from Baten Kaitos team at Monolith...

#1Prince ShondronaiPosted 2/3/2013 3:15:41 PM(edited)
http://operationrainfall.com/concept-art-for-monolith-softs-3ds-project/

Neat concept art. Game's probably at least 2 years away, but it's cool to know they're working on something in addition to their Wii U game.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#221_21Posted 2/3/2013 3:17:46 PM
Looks pretty interesting, but their last game, Soma Bringer for DS, never came got out of Japan so I'm not keeping my hopes too high for this game, either.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#3ARsignal11Posted 2/3/2013 3:18:17 PM
The faces on the trees are quite interesting looking, lol.

Anyway, I guess I'm glad to hear that they are working on a 3DS game.
#4pikachupwnagePosted 2/3/2013 3:21:34 PM
Cool.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#5TorajimaPosted 2/3/2013 3:23:06 PM
21_21 posted...
Looks pretty interesting, but their last game, Soma Bringer for DS, never came got out of Japan so I'm not keeping my hopes too high for this game, either.

After the worldwide success/acclaim of Xenoblade, anything Monolith Soft makes will likely make it stateside.

And I wouldn't be surprised by an eshop release of Soma Bringer sometime in the future.
#621_21Posted 2/3/2013 3:25:30 PM(edited)
Torajima posted...
21_21 posted...

After the worldwide success/acclaim of Xenoblade, anything Monolith Soft makes will likely make it stateside.

And I wouldn't be surprised by an eshop release of Soma Bringer sometime in the future.

Nah. The worldwide success/acclaim of Xenoblade will only help the WiiU game make it to stateside.

This will probably get the same treatment as Bravely Default has by SE.

And there's no indication of Soma Bringer ever coming out here, even as an eshop release. It's something that's pretty much forgotten at this point.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#7TorajimaPosted 2/3/2013 3:27:14 PM
21_21 posted...
Nah. The worldwide success/acclaim of Xenoblade will only help the WiiU game make it to stateside.

Nintendo is smarter than Square Enix, and Bravely Default looks over rated (still wish it would get released though).
#821_21Posted 2/3/2013 3:31:01 PM
Torajima posted...
21_21 posted...

Nintendo is smarter than Square Enix, and Bravely Default looks over rated (still wish it would get released though).

Well, I'm not saying I am going to be right. In fact, I want to be wrong, but I think Nintendo has a lot more work to do before they can convince they are smart enough to localize a lot of good titles for 3DS.

You never know, we've had so many unexpected good news, like PXZ localization and others, so you never know. It might come true. Perhaps you might be right after all...
---
Currently playing:
#9nonexistingheroPosted 2/3/2013 3:32:22 PM
Project X-Zone is getting localized as well. So I'd say this has a pretty decent chance of making it over. Nintendo now knows Monolith Soft as a fairly large western fanbase.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#10TorajimaPosted 2/3/2013 3:32:57 PM
I don't have much faith in Nintendo of America, but I get the feeling Japan is calling more of the shots now.