Question on how things work:

#1vermillion719Posted 2/3/2013 2:57:59 PM
So here's my situation. I currently have Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-ordered, but I'm really impatient and don't care THAT much about the physical stuff that comes with it and am seriously considering canceling the pre-order and just downloading the digital version.

My question is...if something should happen somewhere down the line where I lose access to the version of the game I download, would I have to buy it again, or is it considered already bought and all I'll have to do is redownload it? I don't expect any problems, but sometimes things happen, and it doesn't hurt to at least know what I'm getting into before I do it.
---
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar
#2TorajimaPosted 2/3/2013 3:05:28 PM
On the same hardware, you can redownload games.
On different hardware, you have to do a system transfer or call Nintendo.

If you have a Club Nintendo account, your purchases are tied to that account, so you shouldn't ever lose anything.
#3zavlinzPosted 2/3/2013 3:05:32 PM
its bound to your system. So you can you redownload it to your system... but if you lose your system, cant redownload it.
#4siberian142Posted 2/3/2013 3:05:37 PM
If you buy a new 3DS, you can transfer your games from your old 3DS to your new one.

If your 3DS breaks, you should be able to transfer your games to a new 3DS by contacting Nintendo so long as you can prove ownership of the previous 3DS.
#5iMURDAuPosted 2/3/2013 3:05:54 PM
Afaik if your system is linked to Club Nintendo you can re-download it.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
#6vermillion719(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:12:03 PM
I see...so as long as I still have access to the 3DS I originally download it to, I can redownload it whenever I like? That's encouraging. I guess my main concern would be somehow losing the SD card, so if I can still get the game back even if that happens...losing save files would suck, but it'd be better than not having the game at all anymore.
---
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar