Question on how things work:

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question on how things work:
4 years ago#1
So here's my situation. I currently have Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-ordered, but I'm really impatient and don't care THAT much about the physical stuff that comes with it and am seriously considering canceling the pre-order and just downloading the digital version.

My question is...if something should happen somewhere down the line where I lose access to the version of the game I download, would I have to buy it again, or is it considered already bought and all I'll have to do is redownload it? I don't expect any problems, but sometimes things happen, and it doesn't hurt to at least know what I'm getting into before I do it.
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar
4 years ago#2
On the same hardware, you can redownload games.
On different hardware, you have to do a system transfer or call Nintendo.

If you have a Club Nintendo account, your purchases are tied to that account, so you shouldn't ever lose anything.
4 years ago#3
its bound to your system. So you can you redownload it to your system... but if you lose your system, cant redownload it.
4 years ago#4
If you buy a new 3DS, you can transfer your games from your old 3DS to your new one.

If your 3DS breaks, you should be able to transfer your games to a new 3DS by contacting Nintendo so long as you can prove ownership of the previous 3DS.
4 years ago#5
Afaik if your system is linked to Club Nintendo you can re-download it.
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
4 years ago#6
I see...so as long as I still have access to the 3DS I originally download it to, I can redownload it whenever I like? That's encouraging. I guess my main concern would be somehow losing the SD card, so if I can still get the game back even if that happens...losing save files would suck, but it'd be better than not having the game at all anymore.
"Why don't you just take this picture for what it is? Teemo being stuffed and mounted by renek." - Serenderpity
LoL Name: Thanamar
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question on how things work:

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived