so full 3DS games max out at $40 on the eShop

#1Blarg143Posted 2/3/2013 3:38:44 PM
and yet the only options to add funds are $10, $20, $50, and $100. so because payment info isn't saved, i have to go through the adding funds process twice because this system is so obtuse (or add $10 more than i want to spend).

i'd love to transition to DD only and eschew physical copies...but this incomplete shop capability is terrible. why is Steam the only DD platform the only one that allows you to just insert card number, buy game? IIRC, the Sony Store requires you to buy in some arbitrary dollar increments, and MS uses points. how much less can we ask for? how hard can it be?
#2chocolatethund4Posted 2/3/2013 3:41:52 PM
Blarg143 posted...
and yet the only options to add funds are $10, $20, $50, and $100. so because payment info isn't saved, i have to go through the adding funds process twice because this system is so obtuse (or add $10 more than i want to spend).

i'd love to transition to DD only and eschew physical copies...but this incomplete shop capability is terrible. why is Steam the only DD platform the only one that allows you to just insert card number, buy game? IIRC, the Sony Store requires you to buy in some arbitrary dollar increments, and MS uses points. how much less can we ask for? how hard can it be?

What do you want? a $40 card you can buy just for a game? Oh but that would really suck for when you have to pay for tax.
---
PSN: chocolatethundr5 XBL: chocolatethund5
FC: 1332 - 8303 - 7699
#3TorajimaPosted 2/3/2013 3:44:45 PM
Er, you have the option to buy the game outright using a credit card. You don't have to add funds.
#4Blarg143(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:45:30 PM
chocolatethund4 posted...
Blarg143 posted...

What do you want? a $40 card you can buy just for a game? Oh but that would really suck for when you have to pay for tax.

you're kidding, right? i want to be able to do this:

>spot game, click add to cart
>total cost: $xx.yy
>check out
>put in credit card information, confirm purchase
>software starts downloading

how much less can i ask for? as for charging taxes, it they have to, they have to. an extra $2~ is not going to kill me.
#5Blarg143(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:49:01 PM(edited)
Torajima posted...
Er, you have the option to buy the game outright using a credit card. You don't have to add funds.

you do? i'm trying to buy Epic Mickey (just for example sake here) and it's telling me i need to add funds.

edit: i see! the Needed Funds option at the bottom.

well...disregard this topic. i am wrong and my anger is dissipated.
#6Black_AssassinPosted 2/3/2013 3:49:12 PM
Blarg143 posted...
why is Steam the only DD platform the only one that allows you to just insert card number, buy game?

http://kusogedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/gabe-newell.jpg
#7TorajimaPosted 2/3/2013 3:49:56 PM
Blarg143 posted...
you're kidding, right? i want to be able to do this:

>spot game, click add to cart
>total cost: $xx.yy
>check out
>put in credit card information, confirm purchase
>software starts downloading

how much less can i ask for? as for charging taxes, it they have to, they have to. an extra $2~ is not going to kill me.

No cart system per se, but you can already use credit card to purchase exact amount.
#8aamotPosted 2/3/2013 3:53:02 PM
Here's what you do.

-Click on game,
-Click to purchase the game,
-Click on "Add Needed Funds" or something like that. It'll be a button in the bottom center of the screen. Then it just charges your card for the exact amount the game is.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#9EnclavePosted 2/3/2013 3:55:56 PM
chocolatethund4 posted...
Blarg143 posted...

Why not let you pay exactly what the cost of the game is? PSN lets you.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#10Blarg143(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 3:58:36 PM(edited)
yes, i see it now.

i just bought this XL last week and was thinking of getting FE. with the whole unknown shipping fiasco going on, i am just going to buy it digitally. so when i went to the store to buy something, all i noticed was the Add Funds section.

now that i try to actually buy a game, i see the option. still a bit obtuse (the whole funds system) but it works slightly better than i thought.