It has been 2 years...

#11EsracPosted 2/3/2013 8:11:05 PM
Final Fantasy? Have you seen the state of recent Final Fantasy games? The series is in a pretty bad place right now. Unless it was a remake of 6 or 7, I wouldn't expect much from FF on the 3DS.

Dragon Quest VII is due out in Japan on the 7th. It'll probably be localized in the states before much longer. SMT: DS: Soul Hackers is coming out soon if you're looking for a jrpg fix. Project X Zone might interest you too in that regard.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Esrac
#12MetalLokiPosted 2/3/2013 8:12:33 PM
Oh and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qk8V3VcGKk
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#13AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 2/3/2013 8:17:39 PM
Well, things are just starting to pick up now, as far as I'm concerned.

New Fire Emblem, New MegaTen game, Animal Crossing on the Horizon, Pokemon at the end of the year...And that's probably all the time I'd have to play games, anyway
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)
#14Phantom_NookPosted 2/3/2013 8:18:52 PM
I think there's only 17 in the whole US library that I would buy.

Sounds fine to me.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#15Ruff_PuffPosted 2/3/2013 8:20:59 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...

Eh, something Final Fantasy, something Dragon Quest, something Sims (that doesn't suck, Sims 3 for DS/3DS is horrid).

I don't think you'll ever find a Sims game for a portable that doesn't suck, honestly. My brother had Sims 2 Pets for DS once, and it was also horrid, lol.
Then again, I don't like Sims unless it's on PC. :3
---
PSN: Ruff-Puff
#16Halladay32Posted 2/3/2013 8:26:51 PM(edited)
sinfulGrimoire posted...
Why does the 3DS still have such a tiny library of unimportant games?

I just have to point out, this makes it sound like most of the games for the system are worth getting.

Anyway, different people have different tastes, so there are way more than just the 17 that appeal to you that could be considered quality games, especially if you take the eShop into account. And heck, I wouldn't consider 17 different games in 2 years to be something to scoff at really, unless you exclusively focus on the 3DS and not other systems. And like some others have mentioned, this year looks quite strong so far.
---
"A man who lived in dreams. That's who he was."
#17pikachupwnagePosted 2/3/2013 8:30:20 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
MrFwibbles posted...
Out of curiosity TC, what games would you like to see? What do you think is missing?

Eh, something Final Fantasy, something Dragon Quest, something Sims (that doesn't suck, Sims 3 for DS/3DS is horrid). I'd love to see a Disgaea port that doesn't have to be dumbed down like Disgaea DS did, even though I still played it and loved it.

Personally, I think it needs more RPGs.

EDIT: Apparently, Nintendo is making all of the 3DS games available on the eShop now? How big are 3DS games? How many could I fit on a 32 GB microSD?

Your in luck.

This year we get

Fire emblem awakening
Rune factory 4
Denoa men 2
Etrain oddesey IV
Project X zone
SMT: Devil summoner soul hackers
Pokemon X/Y
A few others as well

And there is a good chance bravely default and Dragon quest monsters will be localized this year.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#18BrianCraigSmithPosted 2/3/2013 8:36:35 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
I think there's only 17 in the whole US library that I would buy.

Understandable. That's not bad. Now answer me this: Are there 17 games that you'd want to buy for a Vita system? Didn't think so.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
#19sinfulGrimoire(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 8:42:43 PM(edited)
I guess you're all right. It's not like I'd actually be able to play 17 games at once. Thanks everyone for responding and not getting bent out of shape like some people would. >.<

On another note, so I don't have to make another topic, how would you guys compare the 3DS to the 3DS XL? I've watched a couple videos on YouTube of unboxings and reviews, and I definitely love the matte finish. I don't like the fact that the XL doesn't have a retractable stylus, but that's not a deciding factor.

How are the graphics? I couldn't really tell from the videos, but it looked to me like the XL looked better than the original 3DS.

@BrianCraigSmith; You're right, there's only 5 Vita games I'd actually buy from the current list of US games here on GFAQs.
#20jedinatPosted 2/3/2013 8:47:07 PM
sinfulGrimoire posted...
I don't like the fact that the XL doesn't have a retractable stylus, but that's not a deciding factor.

Stylus-wise the XL is head and shoulders above the original. Simply because it's easily accessible. I literally never used the stylus on the original because it was such a pain to take out.