What reason does Nintendo have to push digital sales?

#11EsracPosted 2/3/2013 9:03:40 PM
kdiz4321 posted...
That plus they get the retail markup since the prices are exactly the same. The real question is why anyone would want to buy retail games digitally from their shop when they can't create an account based system.

You bring up a very valid issue. The lack of an account based distribution system is a serious issue with Nintendo's eshop. Tying eshop purchases to a specific system.heavily dampens the appeal of digital purchases.

Nintendo should really take a look at the PC digital distribution systems, specifically Steam. With Steam, any games you purchase are permanently added to your digital library on your personal account. You can access the games you buy on any computer that meets the hardware requirements.

Itd be nice if Nintendo could provide that same level of convenience to their digital store customers.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Esrac
#12so64Posted 2/3/2013 9:06:13 PM
ares9090 posted...
That plus they get the retail markup since the prices are exactly the same. The real question is why anyone would want to buy retail games digitally from their shop when they can't create an account based system.

because people is plain stupid, that's why

Or people have too much stuff in their house and thus are going digital to decrease clutter. Or some realize that they buy games fairly early in release such that they do not gain any benefits from price drops and such. Or they realize that the era of great box art is slowly waning. There are many factors to consider before stating that someone is 'plain stupid' for buying a game digitally, even on Nintendo's archaic eShop.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com What is love?...Baby don't hurt me no more...3DS FC:5327-0905-8783
#13Puzzles99Posted 2/3/2013 9:06:37 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Puzzles99 posted...
I'd just like to take a moment to point out that the TC's user name is Poop Feasts 420, yet everyone stayed in serious mode because that is par for the course at GameFAQs.

Just made me laugh.

Well your username has puzzles in it, so we shouldn't take you seriously.

Yikes, no need to get defensive. I didn't say we shouldn't take him seriously. I was just pointing out how funny it is that someone with a username describing eating fecal matter wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

It was just a funny situation.

But if you DO want to get into an internet fight over nothing then: LOL Golden Sun.
#14poopfeasts420(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 9:10:39 PM
Puzzles99 posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Puzzles99 posted...
I'd just like to take a moment to point out that the TC's user name is Poop Feasts 420, yet everyone stayed in serious mode because that is par for the course at GameFAQs.

Just made me laugh.

Well your username has puzzles in it, so we shouldn't take you seriously.

Yikes, no need to get defensive. I didn't say we shouldn't take him seriously. I was just pointing out how funny it is that someone with a username describing eating fecal matter wasn't anything out of the ordinary.

It was just a funny situation.

But if you DO want to get into an internet fight over nothing then: LOL Golden Sun.

Let's keep this a clean topic guys
---
I AM DAVE EXCLAMATION MARK YOGNAUGHT
#15sharinguyPosted 2/3/2013 9:13:12 PM
Digital sales makes it easier for people to find/buy niche games months/years after release without paying 100s of dollars on ebay.
---
PSN: Dorman_777
Pokemon Black FC: 5414-9379-0757
#16ares9090Posted 2/3/2013 9:19:01 PM
ares9090 posted...

Or people have too much stuff in their house and thus are going digital to decrease clutter. Or some realize that they buy games fairly early in release such that they do not gain any benefits from price drops and such. Or they realize that the era of great box art is slowly waning. There are many factors to consider before stating that someone is 'plain stupid' for buying a game digitally, even on Nintendo's archaic eShop.

Now I really hope you lose your 3DS, then come here telling me about the wonders of digital content on Nintendo systems
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#17TimTebow1Posted 2/3/2013 9:20:28 PM
sharinguy posted...
Digital sales makes it easier for people to find/buy niche games months/years after release without paying 100s of dollars on ebay.

I would appreciate it if they put up Radiant historia on the 3DS eshop somehow for a reasonable price.
#18mralspspPosted 2/3/2013 9:24:26 PM
I'm going digital with some. For example Brain Age thats coming out on Feb 10.
---
3DS XL (blue) 0645-6929-4999: Mr.AlXLB
PSN (Vita & PS3): syscoman
#19Invader_SpoochPosted 2/3/2013 9:32:28 PM
ares9090 posted...
ares9090 posted...

Now I really hope you lose your 3DS, then come here telling me about the wonders of digital content on Nintendo systems

hopefully he takes care of his stuff, like any responsible individual.
#20so64Posted 2/3/2013 9:40:10 PM
ares9090 posted...
ares9090 posted...

Well first off, if I lose my 3DS I wouldn't necessarily care. Oh sure, I be miff for a few days. But afterwards, I would not care because I'd realize that it is just a video game system and does not have anything of true importance on it. If it was my computer, sure I'd be pissed. 3DS? Eh, it is a grand system, but it is only a system.

Secondly, I am very careful with my systems. I always place my systems on me and the only time they leave my sight is when it has to charge.
---
I am insane. Somethings I say may not make sense. Please take heed. www.brokencontrollers.com What is love?...Baby don't hurt me no more...3DS FC:5327-0905-8783