What reason does Nintendo have to push digital sales?

#31mabber_IIIPosted 2/4/2013 12:28:49 AM
they don't have to manufacture anything
they can sell unlimited copies
you can't resell digital copies

what incentive do they have to making physical copies, really?
#32Big_IsaacPosted 2/4/2013 4:56:11 AM
let's see....

Nintendo's earnings from store sales:
Retail price - retailer's share - shipping - manufacturing

Nintendo's earnings from digital sales:
Digital price - bloody nothing

so if Retail price = Digital price, which of the 2 is earning Nintendo more money?
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#33rockyminPosted 2/4/2013 4:59:58 AM
Baha05 posted...
To make money?

http://kotaku.com/5980392/stop-trying-to-use-companies-exist-to-make-money-as-an-argument-just-stop
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#34Big_IsaacPosted 2/4/2013 6:14:04 AM
rockymin posted...
Baha05 posted...
To make money?

http://kotaku.com/5980392/stop-trying-to-use-companies-exist-to-make-money-as-an-argument-just-stop

this really doesn't apply here
Nintendo sells stuff online because they want to sell more stuff
there is nothing negative about it
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#35strongo9Posted 2/4/2013 6:34:41 AM
When you buy a Nintendo game from the eshop, every single cent of it is profit. There's no cut that goes manufacturing of cases, cartridges, and manuals or distributors.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#36shampoowarriorPosted 2/4/2013 7:02:43 AM
Nintendo has the most archaic and Draconian online system out of any gaming company right now. They have every advantage over you when you buy digitally from them, right down to how many times you're allowed to transfer your games if you want a new 3DS (5). If you want a new Wii U, which has an "account" system: 0 transfers! Your account is locked to your Wii U and can't be transferred! Also, Wii users get to repurchase all of their Wii VC on the Wii U if they want to use the Wii U versions of the same games, which cost the same amount of money as the Wii versions.

Tl;dr: Don't buy digital from Nintendo. They have not improved one iota in the new gen.
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#37Kill_Jill_Vol_1Posted 2/4/2013 10:08:30 AM
omegaslash14 posted...
mmpepsi posted...
omegaslash14 posted...
Apparently if you buy the physical copy of FE:A you a 0% chance of losing it, and if it gets stolen while in your 3DS it magically teleports back into your pocket.

If you have that much trouble keeping track of your things then you probably should buy digital.

Don't really have problem keeping up with my stuff, but most people act like its impossible to lose or have physical copies stolen.

And when it finally does happen to you, you'll most likely be whining here on the forums that Nintendo didn't replace your digital copy. I said lets be real here, not make up **** and abuse hyperboles. The risk involved in owning a physical copy is outweighed heavily by digital ownership. I never said physical ownership was fullproof, just that it was marginally more safer. Learn to read next time please. If you can't understand why putting all your eggs in one basket is a bad idea, I honestly don't know what else to say to you except maybe you should get off that pedestal the rest of the pretentious digital age people are on and realize the concept of pros and cons. I can't think of a sadder sight than people getting suckered into believing they own something they paid for when they really don't.
---
Official Concubine of the NDF
3DS FC: 1032-2577-9994
#38EsracPosted 2/4/2013 10:35:40 AM
In general, I'd say buying digital copies of games is much better than buying physical. The exception, unfortunately, is Nintendo until the adopt a UAC anyway.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Esrac
#39Kill_Jill_Vol_1Posted 2/4/2013 11:01:31 AM
Esrac posted...
In general, I'd say buying digital copies of games is much better than buying physical. The exception, unfortunately, is Nintendo until the adopt a UAC anyway.

That's exactly my point. DD wouldn't be so bad if they would get with the times and use a damn account system already. The current system is so horribly risky for no reason.
---
Official Concubine of the NDF
3DS FC: 1032-2577-9994
#40mmpepsiPosted 2/4/2013 12:28:31 PM
Kill_Jill_Vol_1 posted...
Esrac posted...

That's exactly my point. DD wouldn't be so bad if they would get with the times and use a damn account system already. The current system is so horribly risky for no reason.

Pretty much. Nintendo is the only company that offers digital content that has no account system that I can think of. I don't know why Nintendo is always behind the times when it comes to anything related to online.