Nintendo took my money....

#1ArcXenosPosted 2/3/2013 10:11:47 PM(edited)
I can use the US store on my Singaporean 3DS , and I wanted to purchase Fire Emblem since there is all these stupid delays and what not, everything was fine and dandy since I used my relative's address, I key in my CC number, which is a legal mastercard , that is used to purchase EVERYTHING online.

Nintendo's system said that they COULD NOT use my credit card, and the transaction was aborted. I thought that they wouldn't take any money from me, HOWEVER, when I checked with my bank, they actually took the funds, but it wasn't credited to my account.

What do I do now ? Who should I talk to ?
---
Anything developed by Hammerpoint interactive = NEVER BUY
#2Arsene-LupinPosted 2/3/2013 10:09:50 PM
Call your CC company and report it as an unauthorized transaction.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#3Bancario51Posted 2/3/2013 10:18:41 PM
lol genius! you totally could. I got my technika tune for free that way
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#4ValzacardXPosted 2/3/2013 10:20:08 PM
Most likely it took the amount, and you just didn't get it back right away. A lot companies take money out ahead of time to see if the account is good, or if you actually have money if using a Debit account.

Some companies take a $1 to check the account, and some the whole amount. Just give some time for it be added back. Call just to double check if your really worried about.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#5ArcXenos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:30:54 PM
ValzacardX posted...
Most likely it took the amount, and you just didn't get it back right away. A lot companies take money out ahead of time to see if the account is good, or if you actually have money if using a Debit account.

Some companies take a $1 to check the account, and some the whole amount. Just give some time for it be added back. Call just to double check if your really worried about.

I will give them 24 hours, which is more than what I would give to any companies.

Considering the fact that neither MS or SONY rejected my card, I was somewhat worried since they actually took money while stating the card cannot be used (I don't remember the exact wording).

I sent an email at http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/ and hopefully I would get a satisfactory response from them soon.

Geez, had I known this would happen, I would had continued my oath of never purchasing anything online from nintendo.
---
#6ArcXenos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 5:21:37 AM
BUMP , just wondering, does anyone else experienced this before ? How was the resolution from nintendo ?
---
#7SkittyOnWailordPosted 2/4/2013 5:30:56 AM
ArcXenos posted...
BUMP , just wondering, does anyone else experienced this before ? How was the resolution from nintendo ?

I read on the PS3 board on this site a few years ago about someone that had the same kind of problem. The guy called his bank and had his money returned. And then he found out the next day that his PSN account was banned. After phoning Sony they pretty much said that they banned him for "stealing" money and not paying for it.
I can't remember if he ever got his account back though. So I would recommend phoning Nintendo and asking them about it first.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#8ArcXenos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 5:39:47 AM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
ArcXenos posted...

I read on the PS3 board on this site a few years ago about someone that had the same kind of problem. The guy called his bank and had his money returned. And then he found out the next day that his PSN account was banned. After phoning Sony they pretty much said that they banned him for "stealing" money and not paying for it.
I can't remember if he ever got his account back though. So I would recommend phoning Nintendo and asking them about it first.

FFFFFFFFFFu......

But wait, there isn't any type of accounts on the 3DS..... So ur, I could totally call my bank and get my refund immediately....

Hmmm.....

Oh well, 24 hours ain't up yet., sure hope customer support is worth their salt (Incidentally, how is the big N's customer support in such cases ?)

Technically they are pretty much scamming me of my money , I mean the whole "no no we can't use that card but we will totally still take money from you while not crediting you and stuff "scenario really sounds like your typical fraud, but I believe in Nintendo, since they're big and all that.
---
#9SkittyOnWailordPosted 2/4/2013 5:51:34 AM(edited)
ArcXenos posted...
But wait, there isn't any type of accounts on the 3DS..... So ur, I could totally call my bank and get my refund immediately....

They could always wipe your download history so you can't redownload anything I guess. :/

ArcXenos posted...
Oh well, 24 hours ain't up yet., sure hope customer support is worth their salt (Incidentally, how is the big N's customer support in such cases ?)

I'm not sure myself. I haven't phoned them since the days of the original GB (before GBC even). But post back what happens if you don't mind. I'm interested to know what happens.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#10ArcXenos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 6:02:04 AM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
But post back what happens if you don't mind. I'm interested to know what happens.

Will do.

Hopefully someone with experience with their customer service (I.E. are they good) will share their experience.
---