Any idea why Amazon has to have 3DS XL shipped from another distributor?

#1BeccaPosted 2/4/2013 12:34:28 AM
Just curious. It seems they keep going out of stock to being in stock from an outside party seller.

Same with Ocarina of Time 3D...
---
*GracefulNanami*
#2MadDewgPosted 2/4/2013 12:35:58 AM
Amazon and nintendo have some sort of feud going on. I forgot when and why it happened though.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#3OUTLAW2009Posted 2/4/2013 12:40:38 AM
MadDewg posted...
Amazon and nintendo have some sort of feud going on. I forgot when and why it happened though.

I believe it had to do with the screen scratching issue. Amazon didn't want to sell an item they were just gonna get returned because Nintendo didn't want to fix the problem. I'm not entirely sure though.
---
3DS FC 0774-42492697: When a Capcom character gets announced for SSB4, I'm gonna say " I told you so" 1/7/12
#4Becca(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:41:59 AM
What the hell? So the screens are scratched? O_o Should I just buy one from *gasp* GameStop or what?
---
*GracefulNanami*
#5OUTLAW2009Posted 2/4/2013 12:44:30 AM
Becca posted...
What the hell? So the screens are scratched? O_o Should I just buy one from *gasp* GameStop or what?

No just the original 3DS had this problem were the bottom halve would scratch the top of the screen after a while but they later then added bigger bumpers on them.
---
3DS FC 0774-42492697: When a Capcom character gets announced for SSB4, I'm gonna say " I told you so" 1/7/12
#6panicbxmbPosted 2/4/2013 12:44:46 AM
Becca posted...

That whole thing was blown waaaay out of proportion. I've had both a 3DS and 3DS XL, and I never had any issues. Neither have any of my friends.
#7aak57Posted 2/4/2013 12:46:39 AM
Nah, it was an issue with the original 3DS. People were reporting that the little ridge around the touchscreen would actually scratch the upper screen when the system was closed (though people still do report this, even about the XL, but it doesn't seem as common). Amazon is really lenient about returns for reasons like that, but Nintendo apparently wasn't on board. So I guess Amazon was allowing people to return systems but Nintendo didn't want to replace them and so they got into a tiff and Amazon doesn't wanna sell their hardware.
---
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg
#8TeremeiPosted 2/4/2013 4:23:52 AM(edited)
Ah I see I didn't realize there was a feud going. That would definitely explain why azon hasn't even put together a WiiU section yet.

And I have an original aqua. Sometimes the top screen gets a little smudged where the bottom screen meets it. But a quick wipe solves the problem. Never had a major issue with it. I figure by the time I do I'll be ready to upgrade to a 3DS lite.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#9DragonyeuwPosted 2/4/2013 8:28:11 AM
This isn't an issue with just the XL, look up any current Nintendo system and you'll note that none of them are available directly through Amazon....
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,