What can I use besides screen protectors to make sure the bottom part don't...

#1RJP_XPosted 2/4/2013 8:35:02 AM
scratch the top screen? You know how the bottom screen has sharp surroundings that leave marks on the top screen? Well, my grandma got this 20$ kit that came with screen protectors, but they suck and the bottom protector is meant for a 3DS while the top is meant for the XL. ****. They leave air bubbles too. What else instead could I apply to make sure the bottom part don't damage the top screen?
---
"That's pimpish, pass the Mack 10 to my apprentice
While I get a pen and pad to print this" -Roc Marciano
#2WestcoastMikePosted 2/4/2013 8:39:28 AM
I put my cloth I use for cleaning the screen lying in the 3DS while it's closed. It's been working pretty well for me so far.
---
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll55/picturelink/Rule_of_Rose.png
#3DeathSoul2000Posted 2/4/2013 8:39:53 AM
some people have taken rubber feet off various electronics and glued them to the top half. if you have any old electronics lying around that you don't use anymore, you could always do that.
#4RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 8:49:40 AM
You guys know the foam they put in the 3DS when you first open it? Is that good protection? It seems to leave marks still even with that, cause I was using that before screen protection.
---
#5Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/4/2013 9:17:02 AM(edited)
RJP_X posted...
You guys know the foam they put in the 3DS when you first open it? Is that good protection? It seems to leave marks still even with that, cause I was using that before screen protection.

Weird, that shouldn't happen... my little brother uses it, and his 3DS has no scratches at all.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#6Justice98405Posted 2/4/2013 9:18:07 AM
Just buy some Hori screen protectors, they're great. I've got them on my 3DS XL and my Wii U Gamepad.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#7RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 9:21:10 AM
I'll just do that then, will Best Buy give the 20$ back? Or is it store credit? The product is very misleading anyways, top screen was XL, bottom screen was regular 3DS.
---
#8RJP_X(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 10:26:13 AM
I just noticed that the bottom screen it already has a few tiny scratches. Is that normal for only owning it since Christmas? I'm very OCD especially over new things.
---
#9BeccaPosted 2/5/2013 2:05:09 AM
WestcoastMike posted...
I put my cloth I use for cleaning the screen lying in the 3DS while it's closed. It's been working pretty well for me so far.

Holy crap this is a great idea. May I steal it? :)
---
*GracefulNanami*
#10n00bsaib0tPosted 2/5/2013 2:07:44 AM
Don't snap it shut like an old phone and don't keep it in a tight pocket and you should be fine. I don't use screen protectors and mine is fine.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile