Wish Nintendo would abandon dual screens!!!

#1derwakePosted 2/4/2013 8:47:27 AM
I would love to play games on a system, with the full power given to one screen. Sure, the DS was okay, but I was hoping ninty was going to abandon the dual screen for this generation. Oh we'll, now they even made another screen for the wii!!! Wtf!!! Im going to explode
---
HD 5850--6 GB DDR3--MSI 870-G45 AM3--Win. 7 64bit--Phenom II X4 955 BE--hec X-power pro 650w--CM 690--1600x900--Steam id=derwake
#2n00bifierPosted 2/4/2013 8:53:40 AM
Cool.
---
I can 100% garrentie you that if you take a pro console player and a pro PC player, the console player will win - Fritz0x8
#3XRay2984Posted 2/4/2013 8:54:31 AM
Cool story bro.
---
"A woman is like an... artichoke. You must do a bit of work before you can get to her heart."
~Inspector Jacques Clouseau
#4RJP_XPosted 2/4/2013 8:59:14 AM
I hope next gen they make the next system wider and do two screens on top and bottom. They could call the feature 4 eyed vision or something.
---
"That's pimpish, pass the Mack 10 to my apprentice
While I get a pen and pad to print this" -Roc Marciano
#5Catcher_FreemanPosted 2/4/2013 9:08:57 AM
Why should they abandon the dual screen?

I like having my health and inventory displayed in the bottom screen in RPGs (and OoT 3D). Takes a lot of clutter off the top screen.

There's no reason to take a step backwards.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#6DeathSoul2000Posted 2/4/2013 9:14:34 AM
newsflash - vita is available with more power to boot. go play that if you're sick of 2 screens.
#7Black_AssassinPosted 2/4/2013 9:44:47 AM
derwake posted...
I would love to play games on a system, with the full power given to one screen.

Final Fantasy 3 on the DS actually had the other screen black most of the time, if I remember correctly.
#8Blackfire210Posted 2/4/2013 9:57:53 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
newsflash - vita is available with more power to boot. go play that if you're sick of 2 screens.

Man, I hope Nintendo's next handheld is as powerful as the Vita, imagine what their first party titles would look like.
---
Number of people with stupid counter sigs I have encountered: 4
#9EndgamePosted 2/4/2013 10:10:02 AM
yes, Iwata killing off the Game Boy line was a dark day indeed

what has two screens led to other than stupid gimmicks, less battery life, and in my specific case, faulty hardware rendering the system unusable outside of a select few games? (my touch screen does not function and registers something constantly tapping it even though nothing is touching it, it cannot even function as an alarm clock any more, and yeah, I DID send it to Nintendo to get it fixed just for it to happen again) less screen clutter? most GB(C)(A) games managed just fine with one screen

I mean, let's look at the few good first party DS games that weren't remakes:

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: touch screens were not manditory outside of the intro, Pokétch (novelty features, only really useful for tracking down Mesprit and Cresselia) Super Contests/poffin making, and selecting pokémon to transfer from a GBA game, the last one especially being pointless as it could have just been done by D-pad and buttons, like everything else in the game

you can use them to select things in battle, but the traditional way works just as well

Mario Kart DS: tapping the screen switched between minimap (which could have just as easily been fitted into the top screen) and a rear view mirror mode (something we've been able to do without in previous Mario Karts, the minimap lets us know when someone's right behind us afterall), toggling between the two could have just as well been mapped to a button

see? they hardly used the damn thing!
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#10abbyhitterPosted 2/4/2013 11:31:28 AM
Awesome tale, sis!
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!