Wish Nintendo would abandon dual screens!!!

#51xIvan321Posted 2/4/2013 10:56:14 PM(edited)
another thing, placebo effect's definition is when you strongly believe something you consumed has positive healing effects on the body such as a sugar pill which isn't supposed to have any effect can be a miracle pain killer when you trick someone (or yourself) into thinking its effective for pain.

SO my question is, does the Wii's sensor bar have positive healing effects?
---
3DS FC:4425-1580-1611. Former MPH player of the KI:U board.
3DS chat: http://xat.com/mph93 SKYPE: xIvan321_
#52Tzuba12Posted 2/4/2013 10:53:15 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
I trust actually playing it more then people stating pr b.s the fact you got your information wrong and stated it as fact ruins any credibility you had. It doesn't matter if you correct your mistake it's still a mistake.

The fact is you posted false information to try to undermine me. The fact is if wmp was run completely on a gyroscope,it would never ever need to calibrate to the sensor bar. And the fact is that i've had to recalibrate my wmp after the original calibration.

This proves the controls are flawed. And if you accept them as they are you DON'T KNOW WHAT 1:1 MEANS. 1:1 literally means perfect.

It was pr hype they knew if they acknowledged the controls still had flaws nobody would buy the game. The sad thing is people like you defended the motion controls BEFORE wii motion plus existed too.

You guys made the same arguments you do now 1.it's your imagination 2.who cares if it's not perfect it make the game more fun!

And now you're putting words in my mouth. Did I ever say it was perfect? Nope. And you want to talk about undermining someone? You tried to undermine me by saying that I only liked Skyward Sword because it had Zelda in the title. Don't be a damn hypocrite. And what did I just say? I was wrong, it DOES need to use the sensor bar to center the wiimote occasionally. I SAID I was partially wrong. You must REALLY like to argue. I wasn't even TRYING to start an argument with you, holy crap. I never once said that the controls didn't have flaws. In my initial post all I freakin said was that the controls used the gyro sensors, and that I liked the game.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#53Tzuba12Posted 2/4/2013 10:56:58 PM
xIvan321 posted...
another thing, placebo effect's definition is when you strongly believe something you consumed has positive healing effects on the body such as a sugar pill which isn't supposed to have any effect can be a miracle pain killer when you trick someone into thinking its effective for pain.

SO my question is, does the Wii's sensor bar have positive healing effects?

Yes I know the definition, but I've seen the term used in context other than medical.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#54SMASHKING84Posted 2/4/2013 11:06:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#55derwake(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 11:08:10 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
newsflash - vita is available with more power to boot. go play that if you're sick of 2 screens.

I meant a nintendo product. I clarified it in the next sentence
---
HD 5850--6 GB DDR3--MSI 870-G45 AM3--Win. 7 64bit--Phenom II X4 955 BE--hec X-power pro 650w--CM 690--1600x900--Steam id=derwake
#56n00bsaib0tPosted 2/4/2013 11:08:47 PM
Hell ANY ZELDA game not named aol is.

Dude, that's the best one in the series :(
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#57SoeroahPosted 2/4/2013 11:14:26 PM
IMO I hope they keep them. There are some games that have worked brilliantly with two screens. Granted there are a number where it's superfluous, but I like some games having maps and menus on the bottom screen, visual novels having narration and visuals on different screens, even some games where actions on the bottom screen effect events on the top screen.

Overall the DS was my favourite handheld system and I think the two screens had at least something to do with it. It encouraged some interesting games to be made. I just don't like when the touch screen is the only method of control available.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#58ukokira1Posted 2/4/2013 11:27:04 PM
Without dual screens we wouldn't have gotten games like The World Ends With You or 999.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#59SMASHKING84Posted 2/4/2013 11:29:03 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Hell ANY ZELDA game not named aol is.

Dude, that's the best one in the series :(

why, because hard automatically=good ?
But i don't really think aol is the worst in the series (i wouldn't say it's the best but that's only because it's not as open ended as i'd like and the game's not as fun if you grind to the max in all three stats,imo) but i was trying to point out how bad ss was. I'm sick of hearing it's the best game in the series when it has SO MANY FLAWS. But people love it because the motion controls make combat "fresh"

All i can say is if new controls make a game fresh then the following zelda games would be fresh. zelda one,alttp,la,oot,ww,tp wii edition,and ph those game were the first zelda games on there respective platforms and each platform had slightly different controls then the previous.

But slapping on lazy gimmick on the same tired formula we've seen since oot isn't inovative in the least. The only zelda game i consider inovative at all are the first three that's it.

Zelda for giving us the first console game with a save system,and defining the standard formula. Zelda for introducing magic and completely doing everything different from zelda I or any zelda since.

And alttp for being the first zelda game with actual narrative,two contracting worlds,a long with other things.

oot wasn't inovative you could already move in eight directions in alttp,the z targeting system was just an expanded version of mario 64's camera(even the developer would tell you z targeting wouldn't exist without mario 64's camera) and the only thing it really did new with the narrative was through in time travel. everything else is ripped straight from alttp(imo)
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#60n00bsaib0tPosted 2/4/2013 11:53:13 PM
why, because hard automatically=good ?

Because I just think it's an outstanding game. It's my personal favorite for a combination of the 2D platforming aspects, still having an overworld despite being about 2D platforming, the music, the level design, and yes the difficulty is part of it. Honestly, I can't understand someone not putting it in the top 5 at least.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile