Any way to legally play full DS games off an SD card using a 3DS?

#1somecrazykid10Posted 2/4/2013 3:01:58 PM
Is there any place to buy full regular DS games digitally and legally play them off of an SD card to using the 3DS. I was hoping for a situation similiar to how all the full version digital 3DS games work on the eShop, but for the regular DS library? I know I can play DS carts in the 3DS with no problems but I wanted them all in one place on a single SD card with my other 3DS digital games. I have searched the eShop and couldn't find anything so I assumed they just weren't available. I never owned a DSi but I thought that whole system was digital so I figured a lot of the main stream games were converted to a digital format.

I also was under the impression that people were transferring their DSi games over to use on the 3DS. Maybe this only applies to the "DSi Ware" which doesn't actually have any of the regular DS library? I'm probably confused so I'd appreciate it if someone could explain this. Thanks!
#2blazeairPosted 2/4/2013 3:08:37 PM
Not 'legally', no.
---
Vita PSN: Blazeaire 3DS FC: 5112-4721-7123
~Sexy, Free & Single I'm ready to...BINGO!~
#3TransdudePosted 2/4/2013 3:18:06 PM(edited)
Two things:

First,
SMASHKING84 posted...
Transdude posted...
shmirlywhirl posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
this is why legit emulation sucks... i shouldn't have to wait years hoping to get a game i may never get. And no i don't emulate games unless i already own legit copies(which is perfectly legal according to the ESA's website)

Unless you rip them yourself, you are still breaking the law.
Downloading roms, even if you own the game, is still considered illegal distribution.

http://acidsquirrel.com/fs/i/2013/01/23/eccf793ffe8fadb0c5348fa75ffee8.jpg

lol

Second, there is no current way to do this in the first place, unless you have a DSTwo or an R4.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#4somecrazykid10(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 3:19:15 PM
Bummer, guess i'm just stuck to switching carts all the time. Thanks for info.
#5zavlinzPosted 2/4/2013 4:05:49 PM
right, not legal, and no distributed method to do it on an sd card even if it was legal.