So could I use a US prepaid card outside the US ?

#1ArcXenosPosted 2/4/2013 6:49:36 PM(edited)
I really really really want Fire Emblem so badly. I tried using my CC but it the US store doesn't accept it.

So I was wondering, could I use a prepaid card ? I am basically paying Alot more than what I should have, but fire emblem is fire emblem.

I am using a Singaporean 3DS with access with the US store.
---
Anything developed by Hammerpoint interactive = NEVER BUY
#2zavlinzPosted 2/4/2013 6:46:14 PM
it depends what kind of prepaid card? If you mean like a prepaid credit card then you'll probably have similar problems... but look at the cards website and find out if they handle international transactions.
#3ArcXenos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 6:49:06 PM
zavlinz posted...
it depends what kind of prepaid card? If you mean like a prepaid credit card then you'll probably have similar problems... but look at the cards website and find out if they handle international transactions.

As in the proper nintendo eshop prepaid card.
---
#4zavlinzPosted 2/4/2013 6:49:52 PM
As long as its a card for the us eshop, im sure it should work.
#5ares9090Posted 2/4/2013 6:54:06 PM
I really really really want Fire Emblem so badly. I tried using my CC but it the US store doesn't accept it.

So I was wondering, could I use a prepaid card ? I am basically paying Alot more than what I should have, but fire emblem is fire emblem.

Can you set your region to Mexico? you can buy the game from that eShop with your credit card, I did that with Pokémon Dream Radar and Pokedex 3D Pro.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#6ArcXenos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 6:57:40 PM
ares9090 posted...

Can you set your region to Mexico? you can buy the game from that eShop with your credit card, I did that with Pokémon Dream Radar and Pokedex 3D Pro.

I could, but how long does it take for it to be processed ? My previous payment is stuck in limbo as of now, and nintendo's reply was that my CC company will clear the charge after sometime.
---
#7PokeMasterPosted 2/4/2013 6:58:56 PM
1. Using a NA prepaid card will work
2. Changing your region to Canada or Mexico or Brazil will work (and you can use your credit card)
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#8Aqxz1Posted 2/4/2013 7:00:33 PM
ArcXenos posted...
zavlinz posted...

As in the proper nintendo eshop prepaid card.

If you have a US 3DS and you can access the US eshop, you should be able to buy the game.

I'm from Colombia and i used one of these: http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.co/MCO-403930771-tarjeta-prepago-nintendo-3ds-wii-u-virtual-eshop-usd-50-_JM

And i was able to buy the game without any problems.
#9ares9090Posted 2/4/2013 7:07:21 PM(edited)
ares9090 posted...

I could, but how long does it take for it to be processed ? My previous payment is stuck in limbo as of now, and nintendo's reply was that my CC company will clear the charge after sometime.

It's instantly processed.

About your previous transaction on the US eShop, I strongly suggest you contact your CC company and request a refund, reason? unsuccesful transaction, the refund can take up to 5 days though.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#10ArcXenos(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 7:09:20 PM
I assume the games in the mexican store has english, right ?
---