Top Screen Problems, out of warranty HELP

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Top Screen Problems, out of warranty HELP
3 years ago#1
I have had my 3ds since the launch of Ocarina 3d. Can't remember if that was system launch or not. I have only since played that, and kingdom hearts. I take very good care of my 3ds and it has not been dropped at all, ever.

I am having a weird issue. I just pulled my 3ds off the shelf to download Fire Emblem. My top screen is no longer working properly. I saw one other guy on a different forum had the same issue but this was way back, and there were no responses to his question.

It isn't just not working, it has a picture but is super dim and almost looks like a negative photo (the colors are somewhat inverted). The weirdest part is if I press on the screen with my thumb the picture comes back up and looks perfect. Obviously this is an issue because i cant play games while squeezing the top screen.

I am going to call Nintendo for assistance when they open but I was wondering if this is common? If anyone else has ever had or heard of this issue. Also, do you think that Nintendo would replace this for free even though I am out of warranty? I have heard they are really good about that stuff.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Top Screen Problems, out of warranty HELP

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived