To those who own a 3DS, what was YOUR reason to buy one?

#1poporulezPosted 2/5/2013 6:29:38 AM
Mine was mainly because I'm very satisfied with Nintendo handhelds. I bought it with Ocarina of Time and Tales of the Abyss. Those two made me buy it. The ambassador program kinda helped too.
---
PSN Tag: soulofrebirth
Official Cyndaquil of PMD3 board. Official Adol Christin of everything. People who REALLY like Ys: 1
#2DragonyeuwPosted 2/5/2013 6:38:09 AM(edited)
I didn't have a major interest in buying one this soon until I walked into Gamestop and played SM3DLand on a demo unit. I was impressed enough by the 3d effect to go down to Bestbuy and grab a red one which was coming with a $50 gift card and games were buy 2, get 1 free or something like that( xmas holidays 2011). I basically walked out the door with the 3ds, SM3dLand,Zelda OOT 3D and Mario Kart 7 for $200.

Since then I've handed it over to my son as I intend to get an XL soon when I can get a good deal on it.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#3ZanimarPosted 2/5/2013 6:43:20 AM
Main reason was simply cause it was the next handheld and wanted to continue playing Nintendo games. Secondary reason is Monster Hunter 3G (now 3U for US) and being able to play gameboy games via the VC system.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#4dancer62Posted 2/5/2013 6:45:58 AM
PSP fan, annoyed that the Vita is not backward-compatible, and that Sony lost my favorite series to Nintendo.

Bought a 3DS to continue my favorite series: Ace Combat and Monster Hunter.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#5Jonnyd108Posted 2/5/2013 6:46:38 AM
I had no interest in getting one at launch since the line-up was really lacking, but once Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 dropped, I couldn't resist.
---
All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust...
PSN: ButtersThaatsMe WiiU: JonnyD Xbox: JonnyD1080
#6MrFwibblesPosted 2/5/2013 6:50:58 AM
I really didn't like the original model of 3DS at all, but the XL has fixed most of the things that bothered me about it. The price of both the original model and the XL are much more reasonable now, too.

I recently bought a Japanese 3DS XL because I'm tired of waiting for news on the localisations of Bravely Default (the major system seller for me) and Senran Kagura Burst. I'm also interested in a few other games, over half of which are Japan only.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif
#7StykmeisterPosted 2/5/2013 6:54:02 AM
Because:

I always love Nintendo handhelds
I thought the 3D effect was a great new invention.
---
3781-6464-7859 Goldeneye
1289-9437-4855 3DS
#8MadDewgPosted 2/5/2013 6:54:44 AM
Main reason is because after all these years I only had a fat original DS, so I wanted an excuse to finally upgrade to something with a nicer screen. The best buy sale for the 3DS XL this past december finally motivated me to upgrade from my original DS.

Second reason is that I'm pretty much gambling on the chance that the 3DS will be the official home for jrpgs in the future, taking that title from the DS and PSP. (I don't really see smaller companies like atlus being on-board with something like the next generation xbox or playstation right away since most of these smaller companies complain about the costs of making games right now...so I see the next generation systems being populated by mostly western dev games. With nintendo getting exclusive monster hunter games right now, I see majority of the japanese devs going where their fanbase will, which is pretty much the 3DS right now).

With how good fire emblem awakening is doing right now, it gives me a little bit of faith that future jrpgs will be brought over.......at least I hope anyway.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#9Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 2/5/2013 6:55:15 AM
I bought it because I knew it would have RPGs I want.
---
Playing: Guild Wars 2, Path of Exile, Tales of the Abyss, Darksiders, Hexyz Force, The 3rd Birthday and FFIV: CC
Steam: KnightSaziel | 3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948
#10TheSpiralQueenPosted 2/5/2013 6:56:07 AM
Phoenix Wright 5. That is all.