The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Street pass sure is worthless if you don't live in a crowded city.

#1UncleGrubbyPosted 2/5/2013 8:26:05 AM
I live in Indianapolis myself but it's still pretty worthless. I'm sure there's some kids walking around but I'm not where kids are, I don't go to school and walking around everywhere with my 3ds is pretty impractical seeing as I don't have time to play if I'm out doing adult person things. Because that's how most American adults feel, I think.

Great for Japan though, I guess.
#2aegilnetPosted 2/5/2013 8:33:06 AM
agreed, all streetpass features should have been changed to spotpass for NA regions.

most of the population is spread out too far...
#3MetalLokiPosted 2/5/2013 8:43:22 AM
I didn't know NYC was in Japan.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#400bularn00bularPosted 2/5/2013 8:59:01 AM
I didn't know Las Vegas was in Japan.
---
Sonic's Earth IS Earth. This has been proven through science~Nacho_Burger
#5ARsignal11Posted 2/5/2013 9:32:16 AM
Streetpass was definitely invented in mind with Japanese society. Many more people there carry their 3DS with them and from what I understand, you can easily find scores of people playing with them on their commute in trains to and from work...or even after work together at social gatherings at various restaurants and bars.

That's not really the case here in America unfortunately. I imagine the streetpass functionality in Japan on the 3DS would work much better here in the US if Apple incorporated a similar feature in their products.

Still, its a neat feature and it's always cool to see it pop up on your 3DS when you do come in close proximity with someone else who has their 3DS on them.
#6abbyhitterPosted 2/5/2013 9:41:42 AM
No one in my town walks around with a 3DS. The only reason I get a StreetPass is if I do it on purpose at a friend's house.

Accidental random StreetPasses do not exist in my town.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#7OoSubaruoOPosted 2/5/2013 9:47:37 AM
I've only seen one person in my area with a 3DS on them, and that was on the bus.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#8TinyTim123Posted 2/5/2013 10:16:59 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
I've only seen one person in my area with a 3DS on them, and that was on the bus.

Lucky. We don't have a bus in my town. Hence, I walk. Honestly though, a mile to uni isn't that far, and I would likely walk there anyway.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#9DougyBPosted 2/5/2013 10:20:50 AM(edited)
What are the street pass features?

Oh this isn't the FE board...
---
b
#10Human-BeanPosted 2/5/2013 10:24:03 AM
London is pretty poor too, I can't seem to get anyone so I've given up, I only take my 3DS out if I want some play coins.