Street pass sure is worthless if you don't live in a crowded city.

#11Solar_CrimsonPosted 2/5/2013 9:30:05 AM
Yeah, it's pretty bad here in Detroit as well. I have gotten a few every so often, though. And I got scores of them at an anime convention a few months ago.

StreetPass was definitely made with the Japanese society in mind. Same with the social aspects of Pokemon games.
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#12XShadowX0Posted 2/5/2013 9:45:21 AM
i never get steetpasses i only got like 7 the day after christmas and that was it but i still carry my 3ds with me just in case i do get a streetpass and for playcoins by the way i live in new york but not in new york city
---
3DS FC:3239-2510-1061
#13illusivedudePosted 2/5/2013 10:16:03 AM
I could have tons if I wanted to. I work at a pre-k through elementary school, and the kids are always walking around with their 3DS's. But alas, I'm far too overprotective of my 3DS, (especially after seeing what they do to theirs... *shudders*) and it only leaves my house if I'm going on an extended trip.

My recommendation would be to go on a daily walk after 2:00 PM, and if possible, pass by a grade school, an after-school day-care center or a park with a playground. That may up your StreetPass hits by a few. If that's not possible though, the only other option would be to find an electronics store that sells 3DS's and StreetPass the demo system. :/
---
Jesus Christ is my personal Lord and Savior.
Is it really that difficult for us to just put aside our differences and get along?
#14SSJ2__GohanPosted 2/5/2013 10:29:54 AM
Where I live, no one takes their electronics outside, with 2 exceptions:
- They're actively using it (like listening music on their device. Searching for Streetpasses is not actively using it)
- It's actually useful even when you're not actively using it (a phone is useful since it means you can be reached anytime, or call when necessary. Streetpassing is nice, but useful is the wrong word)
#15UncleGrubby(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 10:50:37 AM
Yeah, I guess the population of your area doesn't matter so much as the culture. It's made for people who carry around their toys: school children and Japan. It's just a little aggravating that that means most of us wont experience street pass features, which I think is really a brilliant concept. Play coins are also brilliant and more games should support them.
#16SilentdazePosted 2/5/2013 11:09:02 AM
As an NYC resident, I could imagine your frustration. I usually keep my 3DS with me in my pocket and love the streetpass feature. It's quite addicting and rarely go more than a few days without passing someone. It's not uncommon for me to get one almost every time I ride the subway during rush hour.

It's too bad local game stores in more rural areas don't try to support a "street pass" day or something where people can gather
---
Pokemon Black2 FC: 2108 6746 9224 (new player looking for trades)
3DS FC: 4296 4405 8727, NintendoID: the1graz (friend me through Miiverse)
#17EngineR2Posted 2/5/2013 12:16:39 PM
It's sad that I've really only received streetpasses when I've driven my car. The other times I've gotten one, were when I've gone to GameStop, and setup the 3DS on display to receive one. I'll probably never finish collecting the pieces of the pictures. Not unless I go to an active area. No one around me has a 3DS, other than my brother.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#18NekoakumaPosted 2/5/2013 12:19:30 PM
My current schedule in Australia averages me about the same number of streetpasses per day in Australia as it did in Japan.
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#19HaRRy_TiPPeR_Posted 2/5/2013 12:22:51 PM
illusivedude posted...
I could have tons if I wanted to. I work at a pre-k through elementary school, and the kids are always walking around with their 3DS's. But alas, I'm far too overprotective of my 3DS, (especially after seeing what they do to theirs... *shudders*) and it only leaves my house if I'm going on an extended trip.

My recommendation would be to go on a daily walk after 2:00 PM, and if possible, pass by a grade school, an after-school day-care center or a park with a playground. That may up your StreetPass hits by a few. If that's not possible though, the only other option would be to find an electronics store that sells 3DS's and StreetPass the demo system. :/

quoted for truth....lets hope you don't have a legal order saying you can't go near schools or you are out of luck lol.
---
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#20Robot_SatanPosted 2/5/2013 12:59:27 PM
Solar_Crimson posted...
Yeah, it's pretty bad here in Detroit as well. I have gotten a few every so often, though. And I got scores of them at an anime convention a few months ago.

StreetPass was definitely made with the Japanese society in mind. Same with the social aspects of Pokemon games.

Have you tried going on Wayne State's Campus? I used to get a couple there per day
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig
If it is past 10, expect a steep drop in my grammar skills