Street pass sure is worthless if you don't live in a crowded city.

#21MetalLokiPosted 2/5/2013 1:36:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22PsychoWolfXPosted 2/5/2013 1:36:56 PM
Try living in rural Nova Scotia. I MIGHT get a streetpass if I roamed around Halifax enough, but unless I want to drive for 2+ hours, all I have around me are small retirement towns, farmland and coastline.
Just for the heck of it, I looked up the populations of the two nearest towns in my area.

Digby: 2,152 (15 minute drive away)
Annapolis Royal: 481 (my hometown)
Bridgetown: 949 (15 minute drive away)

So if you guys in London, NYC and Detroit are having no luck with streetpass, I may as well not even try.
#23abbyhitterPosted 2/5/2013 1:43:11 PM
PsychoWolfX posted...
Try living in rural Nova Scotia. I MIGHT get a streetpass if I roamed around Halifax enough, but unless I want to drive for 2+ hours, all I have around me are small retirement towns, farmland and coastline.
Just for the heck of it, I looked up the populations of the two nearest towns in my area.

Digby: 2,152 (15 minute drive away)
Annapolis Royal: 481 (my hometown)
Bridgetown: 949 (15 minute drive away)

Wow. I'd love to live there. Privacy and peace + the beach. Very nice.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#24KneekickerPosted 2/5/2013 2:16:42 PM
Lol I live in Calgary and get at least 6 streetpasses a day when I go pick up my brother from school.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 PSN: ansonip2000
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#25PsychoWolfXPosted 2/5/2013 2:17:36 PM
It is a really nice place to live actually, Peace and quiet, (I'd never be able to live in a city) barely any crime, people are always saying how beautiful the area is, it's also a great place if you're into history some of the first European settlements are right here in my area.

It is pretty frustrating to have to drive for 2 hours to get to a EB games or a Starbucks though. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't buy games offline.
#26DinglesteedPosted 2/5/2013 2:23:30 PM
UncleGrubby posted...
I live in Indianapolis myself but it's still pretty worthless. I'm sure there's some kids walking around but I'm not where kids are, I don't go to school and walking around everywhere with my 3ds is pretty impractical seeing as I don't have time to play if I'm out doing adult person things. Because that's how most American adults feel, I think.

Great for Japan though, I guess.

Hey, at least you live in Indianapolis....I live in southern IN (Evansville area). Sucks.
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#27abbyhitterPosted 2/5/2013 2:37:27 PM
PsychoWolfX posted...
It is a really nice place to live actually, Peace and quiet, (I'd never be able to live in a city) barely any crime, people are always saying how beautiful the area is, it's also a great place if you're into history some of the first European settlements are right here in my area.

It is pretty frustrating to have to drive for 2 hours to get to a EB games or a Starbucks though. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't buy games offline.

Yeah. That's right up my alley. I'd love to live in your town.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#28GenericName9Posted 2/5/2013 2:40:19 PM
I used to take my 3DS with me everywhere hoping to get streetpass. I'd take it to Wal-Mart, I'd take it with to pick my kids up from school, nothing. I did get 1 a year ago, we went for a family dinner at a state park/forest reserve place, some kid must have had his 3DS there, it was probably the only one he ever got too. Our local Wal-Mart does'nt have display models for some reason. I was mad last week because my Dad streetpassed someone at Wal-Mart and he never usually goes there, I go shopping at least twice a week out there and usually take it with and have never gotten anything. There's a larger town about 45 minutes from here they have Gamestop and E.B. during X-mas we were going there a lot shopping, I took my 3DS & never got anything.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#29darkus_fPosted 2/5/2013 3:06:08 PM
aegilnet posted...
agreed, all streetpass features should have been changed to spotpass for NA regions.
most of the population is spread out too far...

this.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB Fav5: Punk, Ziggler, Cesaro, Orton, Titus
#30Clutch716Posted 2/5/2013 6:27:57 PM
Actually I get enough street passes in Pittsburgh. Its not a bad city for the 3ds.