Street pass sure is worthless if you don't live in a crowded city.

#41doomie22Posted 2/6/2013 6:48:43 AM
Hey, I have both a 3ds and Vita and street pass is still better than Sony's failed attempt with near. I might get a few hits at the mall in a Saturday.
---
This guy are sick- Aeris FF7
#42CAPSARPosted 2/6/2013 8:44:33 AM
I live in Boston and it goes both ways for me. Yesterday I got about 4 Street Passes in a few minutes. Other times I can god for days without one. Going to try something different tomorrow on the commute and see if it helps me get more.
#43nintendoggerPosted 2/6/2013 10:11:56 AM
I didn't know the University of Minnesota was in Japan.

or Rivertown Crossings Mall.

or Rosedale Mall.

or Mall of America.

or Minneapolis for that matter.
---
Rah.
#44nintendoggerPosted 2/6/2013 10:12:50 AM
Solar_Crimson posted...
Yeah, it's pretty bad here in Detroit as well.

Post should've ended there completely. ;)
---
Rah.
#45lipnox88Posted 2/6/2013 10:19:07 AM
in nearly 2 years of system use I think ive found 10 different people, 3 of them being my friends, and none of them having any street pass puzzle pieces and therfore the 15 or so puzzles I can never complete unless I go to a video game event have led negativity towards the feature and at this point all it does is drain the battery so I dont even keep wireless on when I use it unless I am playing online.
---
Currently Enjoying; Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2,Ac3, mario U, nintendo land, marvel battle,
#46SaraAB87Posted 2/6/2013 5:54:54 PM
The problem is if you pass someone and they are playing a regular DS game it blocks streetpass. If they have a regular DS game in the system and on the home screen I think it also blocks streetpass. This is probably why when you pass kids you don't get hits. Also you have to turn it on in the first place, and most kids don't know how to do this, they just put in a game and play and that is all they do with the system.
---
Apple Gamecenter username : SaraAB87
#47Xenesis XenonPosted 2/6/2013 6:13:53 PM
The implementation of Streetpass is basically Nintendo saying they have no idea how the west works.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#48nintendoggerPosted 2/6/2013 6:36:22 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
The implementation of Streetpass is basically Nintendo saying they have no idea how the west works.

Exactly, how dare Nintendo think that people would leave their houses and walk around?
---
"Bruh, time to face reality, the Ravens suck." -VonMiller (January 2013) Ravens Superbowl Champions 2013!!
#49SSJ2__GohanPosted 2/6/2013 8:47:17 PM
nintendogger posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...

Exactly, how dare Nintendo think that people would leave their houses and walk around?

Yeah, how dare Nintendo think people will take an expensive piece of electronics outside just to... do nothing with it.
#50GenoPosted 2/6/2013 8:53:47 PM
Well, Street Pass was made mostly for the Japanese, who have enormous population densities in small areas. My friend went to Japan for a week and filled up his Mii Plaza puzzles three days in.

I find Street Pass to be more rewarding here in America. It's like, 'Hey, I'm going to bring out my 3DS while I got to this convention/movie/mall jaunt/etc..' and getting even one or two Street Passes is a bit of a reward in and of itself.

Sad, I know, but that's the optimistic way to look at it.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853