Street pass sure is worthless if you don't live in a crowded city.

#51TinyTim123Posted 2/6/2013 8:59:27 PM
<Shrug>
I try. I just live in a not urban town in New Mexico. It being a college town doesn't really help. I got my tenth distinct Streetpass today... from my brother, for whom I purchased a 3DSXL. So since launch, I have had 14 distinct StreetPasses in total, four before I had to send my 3DS in for repairs to Nintendo. I still bring it with me, just in case I do happen to get a Streetpass hit from my college. I got two last semester (once each) and one so far this year, so it's not like I'm gonna get a whole lot, but I am doing my part!
I also don't have a vehicle at the moment so I really do have to walk around everywhere I want to go. So while I get at least 5000 steps a day, I don't get many StreetPasses.

It is still a source of joy for me when I do. My brother will get to acquire all the puzzle pieces I have with very little effort on his part. I, on the other hand, will have spent countless play coins to complete the puzzles as much as I could. I seem to be doomed to be missing almost all of the pink pieces. =\
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#52AmakusaPosted 2/6/2013 11:02:25 PM
Going to organized events like a sports arena or convention, I constantly have to clear my Streetpass log so I can keep getting more.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#53IcewitchPosted 2/6/2013 11:18:42 PM
I've gotten 3 streetpasses in a year of 3DS ownership.
---
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Coming March 19 to Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo Wii U, demo coming February 22
#54pokemon2pokerPosted 2/6/2013 11:38:11 PM
ITT: people cry because they don't go to nerd gatherings
---
Suikoden 6 please.
People who agree: 5
#55godslayer61Posted 2/7/2013 1:21:00 AM
HaRRy_TiPPeR_ posted...
illusivedude posted...
I could have tons if I wanted to. I work at a pre-k through elementary school, and the kids are always walking around with their 3DS's. But alas, I'm far too overprotective of my 3DS, (especially after seeing what they do to theirs... *shudders*) and it only leaves my house if I'm going on an extended trip.

My recommendation would be to go on a daily walk after 2:00 PM, and if possible, pass by a grade school, an after-school day-care center or a park with a playground. That may up your StreetPass hits by a few. If that's not possible though, the only other option would be to find an electronics store that sells 3DS's and StreetPass the demo system. :/

quoted for truth....lets hope you don't have a legal order saying you can't go near schools or you are out of luck lol.

lol
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#56The_TyPosted 2/7/2013 9:10:39 AM
Going to T.O. today, should get about 10 i think
---
Natural Born Heels
Without straight shooters, no one hits any targets
#57nintendoggerPosted 2/7/2013 9:35:19 AM
SSJ2__Gohan posted...
nintendogger posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...
The implementation of Streetpass is basically Nintendo saying they have no idea how the west works.

Exactly, how dare Nintendo think that people would leave their houses and walk around?

Yeah, how dare Nintendo think people will take an expensive piece of electronics outside just to... do nothing with it.

lol you got me there. Rub my belly?
---
"Bruh, time to face reality, the Ravens suck." -VonMiller (January 2013) Ravens Superbowl Champions 2013!!
#58ferofaxPosted 2/8/2013 8:15:46 AM
The stigma of adults carrying "toys" makes it even worse, nevermind the stigma of any Nintendo handheld being a "kid's toy". If only people could get past that and start carrying theirs, maybe they'd get lucky. You know what it feels like having a 3DS for six months, and then suddenly getting that super random Streetpass tag out of nowhere?

Personally, IDGAF about the stigma. If you're prejudiced enough to call me out as a kid for carrying my toys, you're certainly not the kind of person I want around me anyway.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#59RobotPirteGhostPosted 2/8/2013 8:29:03 AM
There's like 1 person in my town that I streetpass with once every couple of weeks. And he always has every panel completed.

Best places I've found are conventions (I got 30 or so from WizardWorld Philly) and Video Games Live concerts (got 15 for Mii Plaza and 12 for KI:U).

I also usually get a few when I go to my nephew's sports games.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#60nimerjm37Posted 2/8/2013 8:35:36 AM
I rarely get StreetPass adds in midtown Atlanta, where I live and work. To make matters worse, 95 percent of the people I do pass haven't got a single freaking puzzle piece, let alone any I need.

That said, I still love the 3DS StreetPass and pedometer system. If you want StreetPass adds, go to a convention or event or something. I got 65+ passes in a few hours at DragonCon last summer, and over 100 at Anime Weekend Atlanta in September. I was stopping every 20 minutes or so to call in 10 people at a time, because it stops picking up when you have 10 waiting to get in your lobby (which sucks, btw).

The stigma of carrying a Nintendo portable only exists in the minds of those not old or mature enough to get the M-rated games they so love. If a 32-year-old husband and soon-to-be father carries his 3DS everywhere, how does that make the 17-year-old overly concerned with image look?

You guess it - Stupid.
---
Never, EVER order ANYTHING from ConsoleSource.com. EVER. You have been warned.