Square-Enix blames their failure at the consumers

#61ORANGE666Posted 2/5/2013 4:12:19 PM
AceMos posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

I have no faith in the upcoming Tomb Raider game. In my humble opinion it's already doomed from the moment they turned Lara into a fragile oh-protect-me-from-danger-you-hunky-player-you female character.
When it tanks I want to see what SE's excuse will be.

The old Lara Croft had the personality of a tree. This isn't the 90's anymore where people didn't care about plot or characters in their action games. Lara needs to have a personality this time, making her weak and her improving to be tougher as a persona is an easy way to sympathize for her and create respect as well as engage the player in a round character

becuse that line of thinking worked so well with metroid other M

o wait not it didnt its viewed by most fans as the worst metroid game ever

That's because neither Ninja Theory or Nintendo are good at writing. Other M's story was embarrassingly terrible
#62MrKunioPosted 2/5/2013 4:17:55 PM
hyper kobun dash posted...
There's so much truth in this topic.

15 years ago, Square was on top of the world. Now they're just pathetic.

Damn ive never heard anything sound so right. I was there 15+ years ago when Square was tearing it up!

Einhander

Brave Fencer Musashi

Bushido Blade

Final Fantasy 7

Ehrgeiz

Parasite Eve

And thats just the latter 90's!!

The SNES was chock full of awesome squaresoft titles!!
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#63talesfan215Posted 2/5/2013 4:27:25 PM
Gamemaster64 posted...
Catcher_Freeman posted...
Marsford posted...
- don't give fans what they want
- give random iPhone players ports and remakes
- blame fans for not buying games

Listening to fans half the time is a mistake. Look at Sega with Sonic.

But SEGA did listen, and redeemed themselves with Colors and Generations.

They should listen more and bring VC3 over.

Sales were part of the reason they didn't localize it.

They weren't going to take that risk on an almost dead portable too.
#64pkmastah15Posted 2/5/2013 4:36:53 PM
MrKunio posted...

Damn ive never heard anything sound so right. I was there 15+ years ago when Square was tearing it up!

Einhander

Brave Fencer Musashi

Bushido Blade

Final Fantasy 7

Ehrgeiz

Parasite Eve

You have some good tastes sir.

May I add some more hidden gems?

Chrono Cross (probably the greatest game of that gen for me)

Threads of Fate

Front Mission 3

Final Fantasy Tactics

Vagrant Story

SE is just a scrap of what Square used to be. Monolith is soon going to become the new Square in this gen at the current rate.
#65BuretsuPosted 2/5/2013 4:45:48 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
AceMos posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

I have no faith in the upcoming Tomb Raider game. In my humble opinion it's already doomed from the moment they turned Lara into a fragile oh-protect-me-from-danger-you-hunky-player-you female character.

The old Lara Croft had the personality of a tree. This isn't the 90's anymore where people didn't care about plot or characters in their action games. Lara needs to have a personality this time, making her weak and her improving to be tougher as a persona is an easy way to sympathize for her and create respect as well as engage the player in a round character

That's because neither Ninja Theory or Nintendo are good at writing. Other M's story was embarrassingly terrible

Team Ninja did Other M. Ninja Theory are the ones who did Heavenly Sword(s), Enslaved, and DmC.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#66258lazaPosted 2/5/2013 4:46:41 PM
DQ7...Japan Exclusive.....
KH HD remix....Japan Exclusive....
I hope they don't mean forever....or else I am gonna go find every single person in charge of Square, and chop their balls off.
#67talesfan215Posted 2/5/2013 4:52:50 PM
pkmastah15 posted...
MrKunio posted...

Einhander

Brave Fencer Musashi

Bushido Blade

Final Fantasy 7

Ehrgeiz

Parasite Eve

You have some good tastes sir.

May I add some more hidden gems?

Chrono Cross (probably the greatest game of that gen for me)

Threads of Fate

Front Mission 3

Final Fantasy Tactics

Vagrant Story

SE is just a scrap of what Square used to be. Monolith is soon going to become the new Square in this gen at the current rate.

You guys listed most of my childhood right there.

Why isn't Brave Fencer Musashi on PNS?
#68ORANGE666Posted 2/5/2013 5:03:02 PM
Buretsu posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
AceMos posted...
ORANGE666 posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

Team Ninja did Other M. Ninja Theory are the ones who did Heavenly Sword(s), Enslaved, and DmC.

Well then let's look at Team Ninja's experience with games, Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive. A fighting game and a technical hack and slash.

...what was Nintendo thinking?!? Team Ninja's previous games are nothing like Metroid, why did Nintendo think they could handle a shooter or even a plot?
#69BuretsuPosted 2/5/2013 5:10:33 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
Buretsu posted...

Well then let's look at Team Ninja's experience with games, Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive. A fighting game and a technical hack and slash.

...what was Nintendo thinking?!? Team Ninja's previous games are nothing like Metroid, why did Nintendo think they could handle a shooter or even a plot?

Sad part is, they just did the gameplay. Sakamoto is the one who actually did the story for Other M.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#70n00bsaib0tPosted 2/5/2013 5:26:48 PM
Capcom level trolling.

You make it sound like Capcom's problem hasn't been listening to the fans.

"WE WANT MORE DLC!" (and everyone knows how Capcom does DLC).

Capcom delivers with SF4.

"NO MORE DISC BASED UPGRADES! DLC ONLY!" (and again, everyone knows how Capcom does DLC)

Capcom delivers with SFxTK.

Casual players cry "SAGAT IS TOO STRONG, MAKE HIM WEAKER!" despite the fact that Sagat never won a single major tournament.

Capcom delivers, makes Sagat so bad that tournament players have to drop him to stand a chance.

These are all instances of Capcom listening to the fans and getting backlash for it.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile