Question about KI:U.

#1EvonfirePosted 2/5/2013 9:40:41 AM
Did you like this game right off the bat? The reason I ask is because I'm a decent way through the game and I have this love/hate thing going on with this game, and especially the controls. It just irks me to no end how pit dashes right off of cliffs, platforms, and whatever he can. This happens to me sooo many times! Also I don't understand how weapons are ranked. Am I suppose to be looking at a weapons value to tell if it's good or not? Or it's Melee and Range stars??! What do empty stars mean? Or the weapons characteristics?

I will say I'm impressed with the amount of content this game has. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to bash it and say "don't buy it." I just am having some problems with the game and it's sort of taking away from the enjoyment of the game. I'm just not very good at it and have yet to get even 10,000 hearts and there are weapons for sale for 100,000 and more.

Coming from LZ:0ot and KH:DDD I guess I was expecting waaaay to much from KI:U because of the GameFaqs hype. This game was just so hyped, and so far in my own opinion it falls short. But I'll continue it and finish the story and hopefully will get more addicted/excited about playing this game as I progress. Anyone here have a hard time with KI:U in the beginning?

*If KI:U is your favorite game and your a fanboy I don't need your snarky comments"
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#2Catcher_FreemanPosted 2/5/2013 9:42:27 AM
Took me a few levels to get used to the controls, but once I did, I loved it.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.
#3Evonfire(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:45:14 AM
I appreciate your kind response catcher. The controls are slowly growing on me. Now if I can only figure out how to judge between weapons that'd help.
---
#4Evonfire(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 9:49:57 AM
This is especially frustrating in situations on narrow platforms, where accidentally dodging instead of walking can send Pit over the edge and into a bottomless hole.
---
#5ares9090Posted 2/5/2013 9:53:53 AM
I played a friend's copy for just five minutes and that time was enough to run to Game Station and buy it.

I love the game, and I never had any problems with the controls, but I'm an experienced player, I play videogames since I was 12, and I'm 40 right now.

If you want 40K hearts just scan the cards from this site:

http://ar.essh.co/decks/kid-icarus

It will give you 100 hearts for every new Idol you scan.

About any other info on weapons, you should head to the FAQs of the game in this site, there's one that explains every aspect of a weapon.

INB4Endgame
INB4emagdnE
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#6Halladay32Posted 2/5/2013 9:56:54 AM
I never had much of an issue with the controls, save for the first time I went through Pandora's Labyrinth of Deceit, and that was my fault more than anything.
I was sort of ambivalent towards the game for the first six chapters. But once I hit chapter 7, and especially from chapter 10 onwards, I think the game really hits its stride and becomes great. I also enjoy those early chapters more when I replay them now, too, perhaps because I'm more familiar with the game.
---
"A man who lived in dreams. That's who he was."
#7Lord_FroodPosted 2/5/2013 10:25:06 AM
A hollow star is like half of a star. You'll want more Range stars on things like Cannons, Staves, and Bows. You'll want more Melee on Claws, Palms, and Clubs. The higher the value, the more base damage it does. I don't know how the stars affect the math on damage, but more is better.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#8EndgamePosted 2/5/2013 3:25:29 PM
I hated it as soon as Pit spoke in the original E3 trailer

.....I knew right then the horrors that would be
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#9Tzuba12Posted 2/5/2013 3:38:16 PM
You might want to go to the KI:U boards and ask there. There are people who know the ends and outs of the weapon system there.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#10LonelyGoombaPosted 2/5/2013 3:57:13 PM
I liked the game pretty much straight away

but I had a few niggles with pit dashing. didn't have any problems with the touchscreen, just accidental dashing off platforms.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
Please check out my YT channel, even if you hate it, thats fine.