NEW Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Direct 3DS Footage

#21EngineR2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:54:06 PM
Hey, Nnamz, do you think you can let us know if any characters were left out of the 3DS version of the game, when you get a chance? I just want to know if my favorites are still in.

Sub-30fps... hmmm. That's....... not exactly what I wanted to hear, considering the fact that they delayed the game so much. I was hoping it'd be, at least, a steady 30fps. You can only make excuses for this game being better than Mario Kart 7 for so long. I'll definitely have to try a demo first, because, if it's one thing Mario Kart 7 has over this game, it's the buttery-smooth gameplay... in 3D!
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#22EngineR2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 8:20:23 PM
Didn't see this other video. It's of a race through the After Burner track, with Tails as the driver.

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htbpb044sW8
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#23HakuPosted 2/5/2013 9:11:59 PM
Looks like Swarm will be impossible to dodge on the 3DS version as it just pops up from nothing.
#24CurryfiendPosted 2/6/2013 5:22:11 AM
Are there any details on the multiplayer yet? Specifically I just wanna know about download play i.e. what tracks , characters and speed classes are available
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zg87ds.jpg
#25ferofaxPosted 2/6/2013 11:11:07 AM
Oh, that's just a shame. The DS one had TOPNOTCH framerates, I think kicking it well above 40, if not in the range of 60FPS. Very fast, very fluid, and is just great on racing games. The fact that this iteration on the 3DS will have less than 30FPS is just a shame.

High speed games are no fun on low frame rates. FPS, Racing, they need the high framerate for the adrenaline rush. There's no point in zooming past something if you're zooming at a choppy rate.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#26r_m_8_8Posted 2/6/2013 11:31:36 AM
Wait, so they made it from scratch on 3DS only for it to run at freaking sub-30 frames? It's a freaking kart racer, they supposedly removed the most demanding aspects and it still runs like this? On a system that plays Monster Hunter at 60fps with 3D on? And this after the actually pretty good DS version of the first game?

Well, I'm disappointed. We need a demo, we were supposed to get one.
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Castlevania OoE, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |