Buying a 3DS XL PLEASE help!

#1Madtheif07Posted 2/5/2013 12:26:43 PM
Hey everyone I desperately need the new Monster Hunter game in my life and am struggling to wait. I came into some extra money and decided to buy my 3ds XL today and then buy Monster Hunter when it came out.

I have zero idea what game I should to hold me over for the time being. I have thought about fire emblem but have never tried the series. I played way to much OoT on the N64 to play that again. I am unsure of the Resident Evil game. I just am lost here. I need a 3ds and am going to buy one in like an hour but what game do I get?
---
cowabunga
#2Makeveli_livesPosted 2/5/2013 12:33:07 PM
Resident Evil Revelations. 20 bucks new, and very worth the 40 it retailed for in the beginning. Great game, a lot of content, extensive online mode (both for solo and co-op play). Only crap thing about the game is the story. Otherwise:

Kingdom Hearts 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario Kart 7 (comes free with the XL bundle, downloaded onto it though not a physical copy)
Tales of The Abyss
Virtue's Last Reward
Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros 2 (3D Land is better, only get this if you prefer 2D Mario series even though both of them are good games)
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6142 0263
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340
#3DogscratchPosted 2/5/2013 12:35:10 PM
Fire Emblem: Awakening if SRPGs are your thang as well :)

Been loving it for the last week - one of the best games i've played in recent memory - at around 30 hours clocked thus far.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#4Madtheif07(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 12:38:30 PM
I think I am going to have to try Fire Emblem. I do like strategy games a lot and can't quite figure out why I am so nervous to get this game. What games have good multiplayer? I don't have any friends with a 3ds though. All my boys are just casuals ( COD and Madden gross). So what games have like online play. I really think I would like that.
---
cowabunga
#5Makeveli_livesPosted 2/5/2013 2:45:16 PM
I think I am going to have to try Fire Emblem. I do like strategy games a lot and can't quite figure out why I am so nervous to get this game. What games have good multiplayer? I don't have any friends with a 3ds though. All my boys are just casuals ( COD and Madden gross). So what games have like online play. I really think I would like that.

Kid Icarus
Resident Evil Revalations
Mario Kart 7

The only decent online experiences on the 3DS.
---
#6Madtheif07(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 2:59:11 PM
I went with Mario Kart. The guy at Gamestop asked me if I had ever even heard about a bad Mario Kart game and of course there is no bad Mario Kart game. So yeah I am SUPER happy with the game and system so far. Thank you everyone for the recommendations and I am really happy to be in the 3ds community now.
---
cowabunga
#7Makeveli_livesPosted 2/5/2013 3:21:08 PM
I went with Mario Kart. The guy at Gamestop asked me if I had ever even heard about a bad Mario Kart game and of course there is no bad Mario Kart game. So yeah I am SUPER happy with the game and system so far. Thank you everyone for the recommendations and I am really happy to be in the 3ds community now.

Please tell me you got the bundle. The one that comes with Mario Kart 7 at no extra cost.
---
#8MrFwibblesPosted 2/5/2013 3:25:58 PM
Madtheif07 posted...
The guy at Gamestop asked me if I had ever even heard about a bad Mario Kart game

Double Dash?
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif