Does a screen protector prevent the top screen from scratching the bottom one?

#1RayzerTagPosted 2/5/2013 3:47:28 PM(edited)
Specifically, I'm talking about the 3DS XL and the Hori screen protector: http://stores.horiusa.com/-strse-161/3DS-XL-Screen-Protective/Detail.bok

EDIT: I mean the other way around >_>
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#2Gamemaster64Posted 2/5/2013 3:45:51 PM
It the other way around and it should. Though XL doesn't have that problem.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#3RayzerTag(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:46:51 PM
Gamemaster64 posted...
It the other way around and it should. Though XL doesn't have that problem.

I'm stupid, I switched them up.

I heard the 3DS XL still has the problem, though.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#4PsychoWolfXPosted 2/5/2013 3:47:34 PM
They fixed the screen scratching with the XL? I had heard it was still happening o.O I'm glad it's been fixed.
#5Elec Man EXEPosted 2/5/2013 3:51:30 PM
I've never heard any issues of screen scratching, but looking at my XL I don't see how the screens could scratch one another. The system doesn't even close completely, there's little rubber bumpers on the edges of the top screen that keeps the top and bottom from coming into direct contact with one another. No contact ought to mean no scratching, I would think.
---
~ Master of Electricity ~
Electro: 0518-6613-7620 - Pokemon White
#6Baha05Posted 2/5/2013 3:51:31 PM
Yeah it'll prevent screen scratching, though depending on the model the issue might not be as common (Well even launch 3DS has no realy percentage on the rate or screen scratches)
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7FuneralCakePosted 2/5/2013 3:55:46 PM
I have an XL, and while the top screen doesn't get scratched, per se, the bottom does leave some faint lines on it. Luckily, screen protectors will prevent the screen from being permanently damaged.

I recently changed both my top and bottom screen protectors, and the screens looked practically brand-new when I took the old ones off. Hori screen protectors do a great job.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
i don't even gaf anymore
#8JTC87Posted 2/5/2013 4:44:12 PM
I have a silicone case on mine that puts just enough padding in between both dies that the screen doesn't touch.