3DS XL really weird about switching 2D to 3D?

#1LazerLXXVII2Posted 2/5/2013 9:29:38 PM
I recently upgraded from a 3DS to a 3DS XL. I noticed that the 3DS XL doesn't allow me to switch from 2D to 3D at any time. For example, the Nintendo Shop always has the 3D on, no matter what I slide the little bar on the side of the screen. But lets say on Fire Emblem for example, on the title screen or battle map screen, sliding the bar changes it from 2D to 3D with no problem. But during a cutscene, it is always on 3D even if I selected 2D.

I remember on the regular 3DS, no matter what I was doing, I could always switch it without any problems. Is this normal? Its obviously not defective because I CAN switch on and off without any problem, just not at every situation.
#2_Xaft_Posted 2/5/2013 10:31:00 PM
... that doesn't prove that your system is not defective. you should be able to change it whenever. you have a messed up system man, better get it fixed or replaced.
---
XBL Gamertag: keeperoflore
#3panicbxmbPosted 2/5/2013 10:39:05 PM
LazerLXXVII2 posted...
I recently upgraded from a 3DS to a 3DS XL. I noticed that the 3DS XL doesn't allow me to switch from 2D to 3D at any time. For example, the Nintendo Shop always has the 3D on, no matter what I slide the little bar on the side of the screen. But lets say on Fire Emblem for example, on the title screen or battle map screen, sliding the bar changes it from 2D to 3D with no problem. But during a cutscene, it is always on 3D even if I selected 2D.

I remember on the regular 3DS, no matter what I was doing, I could always switch it without any problems. Is this normal? Its obviously not defective because I CAN switch on and off without any problem, just not at every situation.

Are you sliding the slider all the way down? The XL has a little bump just before it clicks to the off position.
#4takilla21Posted 2/5/2013 10:39:37 PM
I was having the same issue with my XL but then I realized that you have to slide it down until it clicks into the 2D position. Try that and see if it works hope it helps
---
PSN: Takilla
Xbox gamer tag: Takilla21
#5TehTrumpCardPosted 2/5/2013 10:45:17 PM
Your system isn't defective, the 3D clicks so you aren't accidentally sliding it. So slide it all the way down, until you feel it click. Problem should be solved.

It's all about that XL life.
---
...Life is tedious if it ain't flowing... Trump x E4's Caitlin
3DSXL FC: 4640-0379-8455 PSN (PS3+Vita): TehTrumpCard
#6LazerLXXVII2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 5:06:25 AM
Case closed lol, I just wasn't clicking it in. Thanks guys!
#7abbyhitterPosted 2/6/2013 6:15:41 AM
lol
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#8lipnox88Posted 2/6/2013 10:28:07 AM
face palm
---
Currently Enjoying; Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2,Ac3, mario U, nintendo land, marvel battle,
#9MrFwibblesPosted 2/6/2013 10:32:33 AM
Wow. Between this and the guy that thought a download would continue if he turned the system completely off, this board has had some amazing people on it today...
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif