The F*** Are These Games?

#11MinamoPosted 2/6/2013 5:04:06 AM
I played and beat the first story in Theresia. Pretty good first-person horror-adventure game. I was surprised to see the genre on the DS. I accidentally skipped a lot of plot in the second story and didn't have a backup save so I gave up.

Movement is a little slow, and the story leaves a lot to your imagination, but I enjoyed it.
#12ferofaxPosted 2/6/2013 10:03:13 AM
Fighting Fantasy is a very solid game. People might not notice, but it actually has fantastic game engine, with high framerates, which makes combat frantic. The game mechanics are solid, and exploration is good, although a bit limited. Story is okay and worth a first pass.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#13Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:10:34 PM
bump
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#14ZhacariasPosted 2/6/2013 3:47:24 PM
I played the second two.

Theresia is a pretty good horror. First played it on Halloween for a good fright. It's mostly frustrating, as every single household item seems to be out to kill you.

As for Blade of the Exiled, it's a very good Chrono Trigger clone. I'm pretty sure everyone's only issue with it is the rate of random battles. (it's simply WAY too high) I did like the music for a few places. Give this one a shot if you like Chrono Trigger. I never encountered any glitches during my play of the game.

Some DS games which are fantastic but people don't talk about:
Time Hollow
Lux-Pain
#15Lord_FroodPosted 2/6/2013 3:49:58 PM
Zhacarias posted...
Time Hollow
Lux-Pain

I like the direction this thread is headed in.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#16cadorPosted 2/6/2013 4:34:06 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
Zhacarias posted...
Time Hollow
Lux-Pain

Loved Time Hollow myself. I have Lux-Pain but haven't gotten around around to playing it yet. Still finishing up on Infinite Space right now.
---
"Corn-cob-man? There's a lot of sick people in this town."- Red Guy
#17_Matt_Engarde_Posted 2/6/2013 6:01:59 PM
I've heard of all three of those games, actually, but I've only played Theresia...

...I saw a Fighting Fantasy review in an issue of Nintendo Power, and a friend told me about Black Sigil. If I remember correctly, Black Sigil is a JRPG developed in the US...
---
Official Matt Engarde of GameFAQs/Metatron of the SMTIV board.
"Hold on a sec. I'm gonna consult myself, OK?"
#18ecco6t9Posted 2/6/2013 11:18:17 PM
Theresia has an excellent story and atmosphere.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#19Transdude(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 11:25:35 PM(edited)
cador posted...
Lord_Frood posted...
Zhacarias posted...
Time Hollow
Lux-Pain

Loved Time Hollow myself. I have Lux-Pain but haven't gotten around around to playing it yet. Still finishing up on Infinite Space right now.

I own Lux-Pain as well. It took me 24 hours to beat it on my first run through. Still need to get all of the alternate endings though.

Also, I'll have to take a look at Time Hollow
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#20BuretsuPosted 2/6/2013 11:54:24 PM
Time Hollow's a pretty good game. Although I didn't learn half of the things you can do in the game until after I beat it and read some FAQs.

Also, there's something you can do in a New Game+ that I kinda love, but is a huge spoiler.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit