What happened to the Gamegear games on 3DS?

#1STN79Posted 2/6/2013 2:14:03 AM
Do you guys realize it's been nearly a year since Gamegear games were added to the eshop? All we got was that first set of games and not a single thing since. That was way back last February. There's even Sonic blast and a few others still listed as coming soon. Did Sega just completely forget about them or what?
#2nonexistingheroPosted 2/6/2013 2:25:13 AM
Poor management.

Sega, Capcom and Square-Enix all have extremely poor management these days. They don't know what the hell they're doing, they're just doing random stuff and hope it's a success.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#3PokeMasterPosted 2/6/2013 2:30:50 AM
Poor regions.

Japan just got more game gear games today.
Total is 13 or so iirc
---
Japanese | Assume JPN Region, unless otherwise stated.
#4STN79(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 2:32:13 AM
Yeah that pretty much explains the entire VC service. Once in a while you'll get an awesome game but i don't expect much from these lazy companies. Good thing Gamegear didn't have a huge collection of hits. I guess if they dropped support i won't miss much.
#5XeonGQPosted 2/6/2013 5:11:14 AM
Just a little while ago I was wondering if/when Sword of Hajya would be coming out on the eShop. I'd still like to see that personally, that was my favorite GG game.
#6DarkIVloonPosted 2/6/2013 5:24:21 AM
i am really hoping we get more GG games. The emulator the VC uses for it in itself is far superior to what we get for NES and GB/GBC.
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!
#7gunstarzPosted 2/6/2013 7:03:46 AM
6 months since the last Game Gear release is a bit long. I'd love some Wonderboy on there but I'm not holding my breath.
---
MK3DS FC Pete: 2062-9237-0079
http://i.imgur.com/4rSnz.png | http://petemorley.me
#8LonelyGoombaPosted 2/6/2013 7:08:04 AM
there are only a handful of good gamegear games so theyre probably spreading them up
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
Please check out my YT channel, even if you hate it, thats fine.
#9n00bsaib0tPosted 2/6/2013 7:10:27 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
Poor management.

Sega, Capcom and Square-Enix all have extremely poor management these days. They don't know what the hell they're doing, they're just doing random stuff and hope it's a success.

I think it's just the North American branches. Say what you will about the business practices Square Enix and Capcom have, their games still print money. Even if they don't hit target sales, when was the last time one of their games didn't at least break even?

But judging from the Japanese eshop, and what I've read in interviews and on the Unity forums (posts from Svensson, not random people) these download services are being handled by that regions branch. Capcom of Japan decides what goes on the Japanese PSN, eshop, etc and Capcom of America decides what goes on the North American eshop, PSN, etc. They don't even talk to eachother, as the guys at Capcom of America didn't have a clue that Capcom of Japan was working with SNK to rerelease Capcom vs SNK 2 as a PS2 classic on PSN, and started working on it after they knew the deal was reached to do the North American release. How many Mega Man games did Japan have on eshop before we got the first NES game? I think they had all 6. It's bad management in the North American and European branches, the Japanese ones seem to know how to do business still.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#10lipnox88Posted 2/6/2013 10:26:39 AM
Its because they confuse brand loyalty with doing a good job. I bet nintendo prob thinks balloon fight is one of there greatest games ever and everyone loves having it over something else. I will say that the free 20 games or so on 3ds is the real question, how have they not released a single gba game? or patched super mario bros so I can fix the controls. I see nintendo as a subscription service that charges on a per product basis, if you want to be hard core nintendo you have to pay, and if they want the hardcore they just need to promise new mario and zelda until they fail to capture new audiences and their loyal fanbase has diminished too much.
---
Currently Enjoying; Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2,Ac3, mario U, nintendo land, marvel battle,