Original 3DS owners: Your reasons for not getting the 3DS XL

#51SquirrelettePosted 2/6/2013 10:06:00 AM
I can't tolerate the much larger pixels. My eyes are getting very, very fussy and I can't focus properly on the XL's screen because of the pixel size. I've always been perfectly happy with the screen size on the original, so a much bigger screen just isn't an enticement to me.

I don't like the matte finish. I can't stand how the back plate peels away badly when trying to remove the SD card. I don't have particularly small hands, and despite the fact that the corners of the original digs in uncomfortably, I really, really don't want a *bigger* handheld. I don't find the size to be something I'd want to be holding for any length of time.

While the money isn't an issue for me, I also don't feel that the higher price is worth it just for a bigger screen, essentially.
---
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~
#52ares9090Posted 2/6/2013 10:07:46 AM
- Horrible design
- Bad color selection
- Lame speakers
- No dual circle pads

So yes, I am in the group that says it has no big improvements over a regular 3DS.
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#53nintendoggerPosted 2/6/2013 10:09:53 AM
It costs money?

Personally I'd rather replace my 3DS with a purple 3DS than with an XL.
---
Rah.
#54lipnox88Posted 2/6/2013 10:14:07 AM
I bought 3ds XL entirely to get the best experience possible for kid icarus. Well worth $200 as Kid icarus is the best video game I've played in a long, long, long, long, long time. probably my 2nd favorite nintendo game ever behind ocarina of time.
---
Currently Enjoying; Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2,Ac3, mario U, nintendo land, marvel battle,
#55blackyoshi33Posted 2/6/2013 10:14:50 AM
This is pointless to me. I got the original 3DS on launch day, AND the 3DS XL on launch day. I'm just that much of a Nintendo geek. I do admit, I would've got the 3DS XL instead, it is a lot better for the power of 3DS games; the 3D is pixely on the 3DS, but not much the XL.
---
---
Music ages different than humans; songs may get old, but they never die.
#56Shadowman621Posted 2/6/2013 10:15:45 AM
1. Don't feel like wasting money on something I already have
2. Don't see any major improvements that would warrant buying it
---
Official Roof Fiddler and Maestro of the NDF
3DS FC: 0516-7288-9163 Handle: Brandon
#57HelbanPosted 2/6/2013 10:29:17 AM
Me personally; I'm waiting for Pokemon X and Y to release so I can see if there will be a special 3DS XL with a X and Y theme released as well (like the DSi getting a Black and White theme version). If no X and Y theme release, then I'll just buy one along with X and Y.
#58Dragonflame323Posted 2/6/2013 10:30:15 AM
I had the Ambassador Blue and I was perfectly satisfied with it. To put it more succinctly, it worked perfectly fine and 3DS XL isn't much of an upgrade in my eyes so I don't feel the need to buy it.

Even when I need to buy another one now that I accidentally wrecked my old one, I'm still gonna opt for regular. :P
---
Strayy-ayyy~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoQuu7GPxAI
#59JustPlainEvilPosted 2/6/2013 10:34:05 AM
larger isn't always better.

I like my purple 3ds the way it is.
---
Touhou/MLP/Animu/Gaming Fan. PSN: MortaLPortaL SteamID:MortaLPortaL_
Phenom II X4 965(4.0ghz), Sapphire 7870, 8GB Gskill, BioStar A880G+, Seasonic S12II, W8.
#60atopp399Posted 2/6/2013 10:45:49 AM(edited)
The increase in screen size without an increase in resolution will make images appear more pixelated or have a little worse aliasing (jagged lines) or less crisp, especially games from past systems that already have a very low resolution. So for me the hit to image quality, even though it may be slight, isn't worth it. I never thought the regular 3DS had small screens to begin with anyway.

I just wish an updated 3DS with cleaner lines and smoother, rounded edges in a matte finish would be released.