Original 3DS owners: Your reasons for not getting the 3DS XL

#91TaijutsuJoshuaPosted 2/6/2013 11:53:15 AM
Is is safe to say that the biggest XL flaw is the speakers? If so, how?

I'd like to know, since I'm actually getting an XL. Mind you, I don't own the original 3DS-- if I had, I wouldn't be throwing extra money for a slight upgrade.
---
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Many people seem to forget the golden rule of the internet: "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion."
#92ShadowMaster684Posted 2/6/2013 12:16:05 PM(edited)
Being an adult male, I prefer the XL's larger size for the fact that it's more comfortable to hold. Also I don't have to hold it as close to my face to actually get the 3D to work reasonably - something I hated about the original 3DS. The thing has such a tight viewing angle, and it constantly goes out of focus. I feel like with the XL I can actually use the 3D function without it being a constant hassle.

I also like the matte finish better, just from a comfort standpoint. I feel like the glossy just makes my hands too slick, and it's a hideous fingerprint magnet.

Oh, and the stylus is in a more convenient location. Always a plus. I've never had an issue holding the XL in my jeans' pocket, either.

Overall I'd say the XL is more comfortable and offers a better gaming experience (especially with the 3D functionality), but the initial 3DS is definitely more portable and less expensive. Probably not worth upgrading if you already own one, but I went ahead and did, and I haven't looked back. Happily gifted the original to someone else. I'll be honest, it never felt very comfortable to play on the original, and I tended to not really play any games on it. Much different case, now - I actually carry this thing with me and play frequently.
#93kylemcauliffe15Posted 2/6/2013 12:23:31 PM
I already have a 3DS so I didn't feel like putting more money down on another.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#94Double_WidePosted 2/6/2013 12:26:25 PM
because its a waste of money. the end
#95The_PlaceboPosted 2/6/2013 12:33:54 PM
Because Purple.
---
RBG* on Smogon
Super Mod, Facebook Page Manager
#96Lelouch71Posted 2/6/2013 12:43:43 PM
I see no need to buy a new system when my current one is doing just fine. Not to mention I prefer the smaller and slicker look of the original 3DS.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#97tatsuya1221Posted 2/6/2013 12:46:42 PM(edited)
No need to,honestly i wish they'd make a "super 3ds" for the wii-u so that i could play my 3ds and ds games on a bigger screen, because honestly, i never go outside with my 3ds, when i go somewhere, i generally am not in a gaming mindset and in the rare case i am, i don't want it to be stolen while i have to leave it somewhere for 5 mins.

In the case of the XL specifically, as i said i have no need for it, my aqua blue 3ds is good enough for me, well that and i can spend the money on other things, like games.
---
One who does not learn from his mistakes, is doomed to repeat them.
#98ARsignal11Posted 2/6/2013 12:51:21 PM
I have a perfectly working 3DS. I see no reason whatsoever to fork over another ~$200 or so to get another one that has a slightly bigger screen and slightly longer battery life.
#99siberian142Posted 2/6/2013 1:10:49 PM
I already own a working 3DS, I don't make it a habit spending a bunch of money on an upgraded system with a few extra bells and whistles.
#100goothgone514Posted 2/6/2013 1:14:50 PM
BeerOnTap posted...
I will upgrade only when they make a version with two analog sticks

This
---
DETOX