Original 3DS owners: Your reasons for not getting the 3DS XL

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Original 3DS owners: Your reasons for not getting the 3DS XL

User Info: TaijutsuJoshua

TaijutsuJoshua
3 years ago#91
Is is safe to say that the biggest XL flaw is the speakers? If so, how?

I'd like to know, since I'm actually getting an XL. Mind you, I don't own the original 3DS-- if I had, I wouldn't be throwing extra money for a slight upgrade.
PSN: Xyler_Stone09
Many people seem to forget the golden rule of the internet: "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion."

User Info: ShadowMaster684

ShadowMaster684
3 years ago#92
Being an adult male, I prefer the XL's larger size for the fact that it's more comfortable to hold. Also I don't have to hold it as close to my face to actually get the 3D to work reasonably - something I hated about the original 3DS. The thing has such a tight viewing angle, and it constantly goes out of focus. I feel like with the XL I can actually use the 3D function without it being a constant hassle.

I also like the matte finish better, just from a comfort standpoint. I feel like the glossy just makes my hands too slick, and it's a hideous fingerprint magnet.

Oh, and the stylus is in a more convenient location. Always a plus. I've never had an issue holding the XL in my jeans' pocket, either.

Overall I'd say the XL is more comfortable and offers a better gaming experience (especially with the 3D functionality), but the initial 3DS is definitely more portable and less expensive. Probably not worth upgrading if you already own one, but I went ahead and did, and I haven't looked back. Happily gifted the original to someone else. I'll be honest, it never felt very comfortable to play on the original, and I tended to not really play any games on it. Much different case, now - I actually carry this thing with me and play frequently.

User Info: kylemcauliffe15

kylemcauliffe15
3 years ago#93
I already have a 3DS so I didn't feel like putting more money down on another.
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali

User Info: Double_Wide

Double_Wide
3 years ago#94
because its a waste of money. the end

User Info: The_Placebo

The_Placebo
3 years ago#95
Because Purple.
RBG* on Smogon
Super Mod, Facebook Page Manager

User Info: Lelouch71

Lelouch71
3 years ago#96
I see no need to buy a new system when my current one is doing just fine. Not to mention I prefer the smaller and slicker look of the original 3DS.
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"

User Info: tatsuya1221

tatsuya1221
3 years ago#97
No need to,honestly i wish they'd make a "super 3ds" for the wii-u so that i could play my 3ds and ds games on a bigger screen, because honestly, i never go outside with my 3ds, when i go somewhere, i generally am not in a gaming mindset and in the rare case i am, i don't want it to be stolen while i have to leave it somewhere for 5 mins.

In the case of the XL specifically, as i said i have no need for it, my aqua blue 3ds is good enough for me, well that and i can spend the money on other things, like games.
One who does not learn from his mistakes, is doomed to repeat them.

User Info: ARsignal11

ARsignal11
3 years ago#98
I have a perfectly working 3DS. I see no reason whatsoever to fork over another ~$200 or so to get another one that has a slightly bigger screen and slightly longer battery life.

User Info: siberian142

siberian142
3 years ago#99
I already own a working 3DS, I don't make it a habit spending a bunch of money on an upgraded system with a few extra bells and whistles.

User Info: goothgone514

goothgone514
3 years ago#100
BeerOnTap posted...
I will upgrade only when they make a version with two analog sticks

This
DETOX
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Original 3DS owners: Your reasons for not getting the 3DS XL

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived