Sticker Star is now the best selling PM game in Japan, in only two months.

#1r_m_8_8Posted 2/6/2013 8:00:07 AM
[N64] Paper Mario (Nintendo) {2000.08.11} - 425.609
[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (Nintendo) {2004.07.22} - 398.218
[Wii] Super Paper Mario (Nintendo) {2007.04.19} - 505.491
[3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo) {2012.12.06} - 511.644

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511934

- It's still in the top 20, so it'll keep selling in the following weeks/months: amazing legs for a PM game which means it's being positively received by Japanese gamers.
- You could say it's easy to outsell the first two since they were on low-selling systems, but in only two months it passed the Wii game.
- Also, Mario Tennis Open didn't outsell Mario Tennis 64 despite being on 3DS.

Discuss whine.
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Castlevania OoE, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#2MarsfordPosted 2/6/2013 8:36:28 AM
This shows it's a game people like, but that doesn't negate that most fans who like the series for its RPG aspects were disappointed.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#3r_m_8_8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 8:43:34 AM
Marsford posted...
This shows it's a game people like, but that doesn't negate that most fans who like the series for its RPG aspects were disappointed.

Hey, I completely agree with that. This is exactly what happened with Sticker Star.
---
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#4HejiruPosted 2/6/2013 8:50:54 AM
Sales =/= quality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top_selling_video_games
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#5StarmanJuniorPosted 2/6/2013 8:54:58 AM
I'm playing it right now and...

I'm NOT hating it. I mean I think it pales in comparison to the other PMs in terms of expositional humor and charm, but as an independent...I'm not finding it that unbearable at the moment.

But I did like MM Battle Network, so maybe there's a parallel.
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#6darkus_fPosted 2/6/2013 9:01:17 AM
Well I'm glad other people bought it so Nintendo can make some moneys because I definitely will not be buying it.
---
3DS FC: 0447-5073-6549 PSN: darkus_f
PWB Fav5: Punk, Ziggler, Cesaro, Orton, Titus
#7twistedreality1Posted 2/6/2013 9:11:35 AM
Hejiru posted...
Sales =/= quality.

Lot of good games on that list
---
360-twistedreality6 PSN-twistedreality1 NNID-twistedreality
#8GenericName9Posted 2/6/2013 9:20:01 AM
If viewed in it's own light(not in comparison to previous PM's or with expectations from previos PM's) it's actually a superb game, one of the best I've played all year. It's not a full RPG, it's an RPG-like adventure, kind of almost Zelda-like, which I l love. It's more "Mario" than previous PM's, a hammer is a better fit than a sword IMO.

It's charming and funny, and light, there IS a story just not something epic, no hobbit style "epic journey", but the characters you meet are memorable and still evoke emotion.

It's not what a lot people wanted or expected, but people saying it's crap is completely inaccurate and unfair. Like I said: It's an EXCELLENT game when you look at it objectively and in it's own light.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#9r_m_8_8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 9:28:52 AM
Hejiru posted...
Sales =/= quality.

Agreed, but it goes both ways. A poor selling game isn't automatically a great game.
---
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#10MarsfordPosted 2/6/2013 9:36:55 AM
r_m_8_8 posted...
Marsford posted...

Hey, I completely agree with that. This is exactly what happened with Sticker Star.

Yup. Good game, but not what some people wanted. Happens with a lot of sequels. C'est la vie.

Now if more people realized that...
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05