Sticker Star is now the best selling PM game in Japan, in only two months.

#11KaiRyusakiPosted 2/6/2013 10:46:47 AM
i would imagine its because 3DS itself is selling way more than n64 or gamecube (which is unfortunate, gamecube was amazing)
#12Phantom_NookPosted 2/6/2013 10:47:32 AM
I enjoyed it but I'd prefer the next game go back to the style of the first two games.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#13r_m_8_8(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:48:15 AM
KaiRyusaki posted...
i would imagine its because 3DS itself is selling way more than n64 or gamecube (which is unfortunate, gamecube was amazing)

It also outsold the Wii one. You know, Wii being Nintendo's best selling home console ever.
---
Now playing: Paper Mario SS, Castlevania OoE, Mark of the Ninja, SFxT.
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#14Bahamut_10thPosted 2/6/2013 10:57:52 AM(edited)
1. There already were far more 3DSs sold than the entire lifetime of the Gamecube. Meaning the potential buyers for SS were already far more than for TTYD.

2. Just because a lot of PM fans think it's not their favorite, or think it's their least favorite, doesn't means they didn't buy it before getting disappointed or finding it a fun game regardless of not being a very good Paper Mario.

3. Super Paper Mario was garbage. It doesn't matters what they say about its story. In fact, the lack of story IS NOT part of the big flaws with Sticker Star. Most people who buy Mario games couldn't care less about the story. Check out which Mario games sell the most and you'll see.
#15HejiruPosted 2/6/2013 11:29:54 AM
twistedreality1 posted...
Hejiru posted...
Sales =/= quality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top_selling_video_games

Lot of good games on that list

Lotta bad/mediocre ones too, which was my point.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#16Rurouni720Posted 2/6/2013 12:46:14 PM
Hejiru posted...
twistedreality1 posted...
Hejiru posted...
Sales =/= quality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_top_selling_video_games

Lot of good games on that list

Lotta bad/mediocre ones too, which was my point.

Doesn't mean most poor selling games get a free pass at quality, especially when the opposite can be the exception.
#17Toadster9001Posted 2/6/2013 12:52:02 PM
Sticker Star is by far the worst game in the series, Japanese people have bad taste.

/discussion
---
Eager Eric
#18bcorneliaPosted 2/6/2013 1:01:26 PM(edited)
I wouldn't even call it a good game. It has zilch for replay value and the rewards for completing the FEW optional objectives suck completely.

Battles actually are pretty pointless. I fought everything I could along the way and thought otherwise for a bit, but by the end, I had way more coins than I could ever spend.

It's just a bland and unfulfilling game. Keep in mind that I'm not even comparing it with PM 1 and 2... I've only played an hour of those games each a long time ago.
---
My old account got better.
#19Solar_CrimsonPosted 2/6/2013 12:58:36 PM
Isn't the TC out to prove that Sticker Star is the best game in the series?
---
http://backloggery.com/SolarCrimson - My Backloggery
The official Okuninushi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#20Mariofan15Posted 2/6/2013 1:56:12 PM
If viewed in it's own light(not in comparison to previous PM's or with expectations from previos PM's) it's actually a superb game, one of the best I've played all year. It's not a full RPG, it's an RPG-like adventure, kind of almost Zelda-like, which I l love. It's more "Mario" than previous PM's, a hammer is a better fit than a sword IMO.

It's charming and funny, and light, there IS a story just not something epic, no hobbit style "epic journey", but the characters you meet are memorable and still evoke emotion.

It's not what a lot people wanted or expected, but people saying it's crap is completely inaccurate and unfair. Like I said: It's an EXCELLENT game when you look at it objectively and in it's own light.

Except,no it isnt. The game is crap as a Paper Mario game. As it's own game,it's pretty decent.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924