Anyone perfer Original 3DS over the XL?

#1monkeyhead64Posted 2/6/2013 12:03:42 PM
I traded in my original for the XL as soon as it came out and I loved the bigger screens. But it did seem cheap compared to the original.

Last week my XL got stolen so I need to buy a new one. But I am starting to think I might just buy an original one again. For one it has a better colour selection, is a bit more compact so fits onto my pockets unlike the XL and I think the original design is much better.

I did like playing original DS games on a bigger screen in their native resolution rather than the tiny boxes on the original.... but then I am thinking it wasnt all that bad when it was stretched to the 3DSs resolution anyway.

Im just keen to hear other peoples opinions on what the prefer.

Thanks
#2SkizzePosted 2/6/2013 12:06:31 PM
I am perfectly satisfied with my original 3DS. I dont feel the need to upgrade as it wont provide me with any additional game play value aside from larger screen, but that isnt nearly enough to warrant a 200 dollar purchase on my part.
---
DeviantART: skizze-filadelfo.deviantart.com
Tumblr: skizzefiladelfo.tumblr.com
#3badbadkittyPosted 2/6/2013 12:08:08 PM
I traded in my regular 3ds for an XL a couple months ago. I was finally able to play RE Revelations and actually see what I was aiming at. That little bit of extra screen I found to be a great help to me. Personally I think they could have gone even bigger.
#4dcaoKOPosted 2/6/2013 12:09:18 PM
I've stated this on the other thread, but I'll only upgrade if there are special edition bundles. Charizard XL?!? Instant buy for me.
#5teamaquashockPosted 2/6/2013 1:56:32 PM
I do, although I have nothing against the XL.

Everyone on this board seems to have civil wars arguing that XL is "required" to play 3DS games.

I like the original so much I might get the FE Bundle.
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-"
#6monkeyhead64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 3:21:39 PM
teamaquashock posted...
I do, although I have nothing against the XL.

Everyone on this board seems to have civil wars arguing that XL is "required" to play 3DS games.

I like the original so much I might get the FE Bundle.

I wish that bundle was coming to New Zealand, but unfortunately not =(
#7CurryfiendPosted 2/6/2013 4:33:39 PM
3DS XL is good if you have big hands, original is better if you have smaller hands. Mine are small so I prefer the regular 3DS especially since there's no way I could play Kid Icarus on the XL
---
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful ~ f00had
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zg87ds.jpg
#8BearpowersPosted 2/6/2013 4:35:11 PM
I like that it's matte, I seriously hate gloss on anything that isn't a screen.

The DSi had a sexy matte finish that I loved.

I hate the 2 NA colors though.
#9Zero_ManiacPosted 2/6/2013 4:43:56 PM
I do. Honestly, I won't upgrade until another revision is out.
---
Currently Playing: Megaman ZX and Chrono Trigger
#10monkeyhead64(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 4:44:00 PM
Bearpowers posted...
I like that it's matte, I seriously hate gloss on anything that isn't a screen.

The DSi had a sexy matte finish that I loved.

I hate the 2 NA colors though.

We have 3 here Red Blue and Silver, but still no good... I did see we had the white one over xmas but it was only for limited time... I dont know if white would be any good coz it would start to discolour i reckon