Would monster hunter be better if they removed the grinding?

#61mattfrankPosted 2/7/2013 10:25:08 PM
Its will be like diablo 3 that always gives unique loots.
#62middays_deepPosted 2/8/2013 8:37:30 AM
Even if grinding was taken out and all the monster parts you would've carved off appeared in shops or something, you would still need money to buy it. The most effective way to get money in Monster Hunter is to hunt monsters, so in the end, you would still be grinding the same monsters over and over. You would just be grinding for money instead. If there was no grinding for money either, that would suck.
For example, it would suck if the game gave you every Ratholos weapon and armor simply buy hunting it once.
---
When life gets you down, ANPAN SPARKING!!!
#63tallgeeseIVPosted 2/8/2013 10:59:09 AM
king_darks posted...
Tzuba12 posted...

Personally I disagree as I thought it was the uniqueness of the monsters pattern and the weapon classes. Changing the drop rates really wouldn't affect anything other then purists egos. Any way you're right. Dark souls is a much better fit anyway for me.

Changing the Drop rates is one thing (i wouldn't mind some of the rarer stuff got slight boosts myself), but that isn't what you opening suggestion is.

Autodrops would be boring, people would have full sets with a couple of kills and they would love it until they hit that wall where the lack of playing experience just destroys them. Those that can naturally play well enough will then just finish the game and get bored of it because there isn't anything to really work towards, it is unlikely that they'll have developed the love of the hunt which fuels replayability if they went through the game so quickly.

Buying drops/equipment would just have you grinding for Gold anyways, it would either be too cheap and you would have noobs running around in higher end gear while getting run over by Diablos, or too pricey and you'd be complaining about doing whatever the most money efficient quest is X-amount of times before you can afford a decent set.
---
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9742/fodderkg8.png
-_-'
#64hpl138Posted 2/8/2013 11:09:29 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
hpl138 posted...
I think they could add difficulty levels (unless they already have) and some other things to make it appeal to more people. Leave the hard game in for the people who are really into the series and want that. But yeah this game scares a lot of people off.

The game is fun because its challenging, putting in an easy mode takes the whole point out of the game, and just makes it easier for noobs to get good armor, but STILL suck when they go online.

Fun for YOU.

Forget the initial remove grinding post and let's talk about the real subject. Should the game have an easy, normal and hard mode? Yes, all games should.

Not everyone is a hardcore gamer, how does it take anything away from your experience if they keep a normal or hard mode for you, but make an easy mode for people who aren't that great at the game, or don't have 1000 hours to put into it? And guess what, some of the people who start out on easy won't get frustrated and give up, and move onto the tougher modes and maybe get into the series that way..

If you're so worried about online "noobs" just institute some sort of medal system that matches you up with novice or experienced players.

Really this whole "game X must be hard" mentality reeks of snobbery. Variable modes of difficulty let everyone enjoy.
#65AboveAllFearPosted 2/8/2013 3:09:20 PM
hpl138 posted...
Fun for YOU.

Forget the initial remove grinding post and let's talk about the real subject. Should the game have an easy, normal and hard mode? Yes, all games should.

Not everyone is a hardcore gamer, how does it take anything away from your experience if they keep a normal or hard mode for you, but make an easy mode for people who aren't that great at the game, or don't have 1000 hours to put into it? And guess what, some of the people who start out on easy won't get frustrated and give up, and move onto the tougher modes and maybe get into the series that way..

If you're so worried about online "noobs" just institute some sort of medal system that matches you up with novice or experienced players.

Really this whole "game X must be hard" mentality reeks of snobbery. Variable modes of difficulty let everyone enjoy.

Quit with the whining. The game DOES have an easy mode; it's called the first half of the village quests. If you get through that and you're still struggling, then sorry to say, but the game just isn't for you. Not every game has to cater to everyone's needs.
#66SpaceDesperadoPosted 2/8/2013 8:00:40 PM
Tzuba12 posted...
The entire game can be played by yourself. He just meant that its more fun with friends, just like any game. And for the bosses, well just look up some gameplay footage of it.

There are a lot of videos out there, do you have any boss videos that illustrates how much variety they have or how 'pattern oriented' they are?
#67bad3ip420Posted 2/8/2013 9:20:34 PM
AboveAllFear posted...
hpl138 posted...
Fun for YOU.

Quit with the whining. The game DOES have an easy mode; it's called the first half of the village quests. If you get through that and you're still struggling, then sorry to say, but the game just isn't for you. Not every game has to cater to everyone's needs.

Absolutely right. Whiners want an easy mode because they can't get past the 1-4 star quests.

That's basically the easy mode and if you can't get past it, then go back to your FPS and spam LOLOLOLOL when you kill someone.

I lent my friend my MHP3rd and saw him getting owned by the pigs and raptors even after playing with it for hours. At that point, I already knew that it's not for him.
#68Tempest717Posted 2/8/2013 9:23:33 PM
The grinding is pretty much what makes you get good at the game though...
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#69Tzuba12Posted 2/8/2013 11:37:12 PM
SpaceDesperado posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
The entire game can be played by yourself. He just meant that its more fun with friends, just like any game. And for the bosses, well just look up some gameplay footage of it.

There are a lot of videos out there, do you have any boss videos that illustrates how much variety they have or how 'pattern oriented' they are?

You just have to sit through a playthrough to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ToaLfB5vUsA&list=PLrcCO134NfsTPa3uVD5VJQ2zX6NPmJAMT
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#70Swiftblade09Posted 2/8/2013 11:55:22 PM
I enjoy grinding though. Seriously why should people like me have to suffer because of people like you? There are plenty of games that you don't have to grind in. Also Monster Hunter is fairly light on grinding.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Raiz5MAb98Q
Official Salamence of the Pokemon X and Y boards