Etrian Odyssey 4 demo up on NA eShop

#61BuretsuPosted 2/7/2013 12:33:36 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
what happens when you change from one job to another? (assuming you can) is it like dq ix were you start as lvl 1 in the new job?

You can't change jobs. You can Retire a character, though, and start a new one that will gain bonuses from it.
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#62HalecticPosted 2/7/2013 12:42:24 PM
You wont be able to get your character high enough for the FOEs unless you have some incredible luck
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#63Lord_FroodPosted 2/7/2013 12:45:59 PM
MogMoogle1 posted...
I dunno why, but I feel a bit more hyped for this than FE:A, is that strange?

Oh wow, so you don't agree with the popular opinion all the time, cah-razy.

/sarcasm
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#64TheDeadMoonPosted 2/7/2013 12:46:01 PM
Maybe slightly off topic, but are the other Etrian Odyssey games worth picking up with this new one coming out?
---
http://streetfighter.opticplay.com//go_files/images/thumbs/dan-beatinupken.gif
Soul Silver FC: 4426 3708 7494
#65Puzzles99Posted 2/7/2013 12:49:35 PM
TheDeadMoon posted...
Maybe slightly off topic, but are the other Etrian Odyssey games worth picking up with this new one coming out?

Not really.

The first game is SUPER archaic and each game just improves mechanics and quality of life over the previous one. And the stories aren't connected either, so you're better off just re-playing the best/newest one rather than slogging through the earlier ones where they were still learning what works and what doesn't.
#66Dark_AbaddonPosted 2/7/2013 1:19:02 PM
Semi45a posted...
stops playing fire emblem awakening...

you sir have just caused a miracle.

make that two miracles
---
and thus concludes my post.
#67notacosPosted 2/7/2013 2:45:06 PM
Nickcool1996 posted...
Whew. That's a relief. The music is too awesome to have such a flaw.

On an entirely seperate note, this seems like the full game with leveling gimped to 10, no wireless, and no difficulty changing once set. That is great!

I really want to have some chance against a F.O.E. though. One hit and done. Maybe this will change with better armor and at lv.10.

Just finished the demo myself. And yeah, it's the full game except you are gimped at lvl 10 & you can't progress in the story any longer (who the f*** cares though). Got to the end at lvl 7, time to grind til lvl 10 & try taking out some F.O.E.'s Hopefully it's plausible, current getting 2 hit but barely doing any damage.
---
3ds Friend code:
1950-7400-2754
#68NnamzPosted 2/7/2013 4:38:51 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
Semi45a posted...
stops playing fire emblem awakening...

you sir have just caused a miracle.

Not me. I'm not stopping. Miracle averted.

*goes back to playing FE*
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#69Nickcool1996Posted 2/7/2013 6:18:17 PM
notacos posted...
Nickcool1996 posted...
Whew. That's a relief. The music is too awesome to have such a flaw.

On an entirely seperate note, this seems like the full game with leveling gimped to 10, no wireless, and no difficulty changing once set. That is great!

I really want to have some chance against a F.O.E. though. One hit and done. Maybe this will change with better armor and at lv.10.

Just finished the demo myself. And yeah, it's the full game except you are gimped at lvl 10 & you can't progress in the story any longer (who the f*** cares though). Got to the end at lvl 7, time to grind til lvl 10 & try taking out some F.O.E.'s Hopefully it's plausible, current getting 2 hit but barely doing any damage.

I beat the baboon F.O.E =D

He two-hit kills anything that's not a Fortress at lv.7 after a defense boost, but my Dancer and Medic took care of healing while my Runemaster bombarded with Fire and my Landsknecht lowered its attack. I wish the demo was longer xD
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#70HalecticPosted 2/7/2013 7:04:45 PM
All of the previous Etrian Odyssey games are worth playing
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835