Just got my tax refund, which should I buy 3DS or PS3?

#1bad3ip420Posted 2/7/2013 2:19:32 AM
Recently got my tax refund and I'm not sure which of the two I should buy. I don't have any current gen consoles (my last was PS2 and Wii). I currently have a vita and I'm looking for another system to quench my gaming thirst.

I hear a lot of good feedbacks from 3DS and PS3. It doesn't have to provide a great online community as I prefer to play alone. I don't really play games when I'm outside as I prefer to bask in the radiance of my surroundings but I heard that the 3DS, even as a handheld, can be enjoyed at home. Any help guys? Which has better exclusives? Thanks :))

Note: I really like RPG's and any immersive games. I only have a PC (Phenom x4, 2gb gfx, and 4g ram) and a Vita.
#2b1gt0nePosted 2/7/2013 5:56:03 AM
3ps
#3xellos667Posted 2/7/2013 6:40:34 AM
I have a PS3 and a 3DS so it's for me to even be objective about it. But if I would have to get rid of one, I would select my PS3, since nowaday, the 3DS have more games on it that interrest me, including actual good JRPG coming up (not much in terms of WRPG though...but you can use your computer for that).

So 3DS for me, but really just do some research yourself and go with the system which has more games you like on it.
---
My digital 3DS games collection and slow progression beating them:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#4urmomishawt04Posted 2/7/2013 6:44:00 AM(edited)
Got a gaming PC? 3DS

No? PS3

PS3 is almost pointless if you have a Vita.
---
http://i.imgur.com/IN4JL.png
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794
#5DeathSnipe777Posted 2/7/2013 6:45:46 AM
I'd get a 3DS now. Wait to see if the PS4 will have backwards compatibility with the PS3. If it doesn't, at least the PS3 will be dirt cheap by then.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#6EchidneysPosted 2/7/2013 6:50:15 AM
3S3
---
PSN: Echidneys | 3DS: 4468 1242 8413
"It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it."
#7SnackasaurusPosted 2/7/2013 7:14:44 AM
You can't go wrong with either, but I would probably wait until you have the full lowdown on Orbis before jumping on a PS3 at this stage. There's still plenty of great exclusives for it this year though. But 3DS has been my personal favorite platform.
#8GenericName9Posted 2/7/2013 7:33:38 AM
I have both. I would get both, you could get both for the price of one if you bought them or even one preowned. I got my 3DS new but my PS3 I picked up at the pawn shop for $120. If you know any College towns nearby those are the best to find stuff cheap, right around the end of the school year.

I play my 3DS more, simply because I don't have time to sit and be constrained to one single area for a long period of time, I take my 3DS to work with me and play in between customers, I play at the Doctors office, on car trips if I'm not driving, in the bathroom/bathtub, laying in bed, etc, etc.

I have a good PC gaming rig, a 3DS a 360, a PS3, a Wii, an old Gamecube, a PS2, an N64 and the ONLY one I play really ever is the 3DS because it's exclusively mine I don't have to share with the children, I can play it anytime anywhere, it has most of all the games that I really care about: Zelda, Resident Evil, Mario. On my PS3 there's only 2 games that I ever play Re6 and MK7, I like Dead Space but did'nt like the sequel very much, too many quick time events. Home consoles just are'nt my thing anymore, the only time I'll play on a PC is if I feel like playing around with the level editor, it just seems like the same old crap while mobile gaming tech just keeps getting better and hitting exciting new frontiers. Every feature that I loved about my big gaming consoles is now available in a take anywhere package that fits in my pocket.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#9ACx7Posted 2/7/2013 8:06:02 AM
3DS. Probably best to wait for the PS4 at this point.
#10fon1988Posted 2/7/2013 8:40:19 AM
In my opinion, you should get a 3DS.

You can't go wrong with a PS3 though because of it's huge library of games.