interested in the new castlevania?

#1NinjaGamer_23Posted 2/7/2013 2:55:40 AM
Interested in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate? - Results (141 votes)
Yes
60.28% (85 votes)
No
14.18% (20 votes)
Yes but after I finish lords of shadow on ps3/360
3.55% (5 votes)
No I did not like lords of shadow
7.09% (10 votes)
I wished iga made this
14.89% (21 votes)
This poll is now closed.
With the new castlevania game coming out in under a month time, what is your interest in this game?
#2snake1989Posted 2/7/2013 3:12:17 AM
I'm pretty interested. Never played a single Castlevania before and know very little about this one, but it's caught my eye.
---
"A man chooses. A slave obeys."-Andrew Ryan
#3gamester_12345Posted 2/7/2013 5:27:49 AM
Nah, mostly because they seem a bit too 3D, that and most screenshots is hard to tell if it's 2D or what, just getting the feeling that Castlevania might be starting to become westernized to the extent that if it does become successful*, chances are Konami would be hesitant at making another sprite-based 2D game with Anime graphics.

But i guess i can see their need for reboots, what with the ____ of Sorrow games Something about Soma killing Dracula whilst still being the (dormant) incarnation or something, in like 2031? been ages since i played the games in said spoiler.

Even then, the previous 2D games took place in the past, rather than beyond the Sorrow games...

* You know, sorta how it happened with Metroid, though their case might simply being making games canonically set before Fusion...with like 4 3D games with no new 2D games since...Fusion!

Though in their case it might be Nintendo might have not had many ideas and Retro could steer the series towards something, or the other view is that...like Castlevania, because westernized and Ninty is scared that changing anything might alienate westerners whilst Japanese sales still remains lowish.
---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2340
KoL: Plucky, currently a Accordion Thief
#4OoSubaruoOPosted 2/7/2013 5:50:02 AM
I'm interested because I never played Lords of Shadow. I have however played the GBA/ DS ones, SoTN and a few others.
#5xellos667Posted 2/7/2013 6:49:53 AM(edited)
Yes. Unlike many people, I totally LOVED LoS, and actually all love equally the Classic Castlevania, Metroidvania and 3D Castlevania. It seems like today, people just want SotN style of gameplay for Castlevania. I'm glad they go in other directions (as long as it's not in the direction of Castlevania Judgment....which I still enjoyed a little, weirdly enough)

And on a side note (not gameplay related so it doesn't count), I'm glad Mercury Steam rebooted the story. Iga was really out of control at the end, it was about time someone told him to just go quiet in a corner and stop messing around with the franchise (*proud supporter of Sonia Belmont as the Mother of all Belmont. Leon can go in the same corner as Iga and die there*).
---
My digital 3DS games collection and slow progression beating them:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#6XXXB0BXXXPosted 2/7/2013 7:06:52 AM
Metroidvania games are amazing, non-Metroidvanias aren't even worth playing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Bm2Gq.png
#7MrAntike184Posted 2/7/2013 7:09:11 AM
Kinda.
---
Not removing this until Majora's Mask gets released for 3DS. 2-2-2013.
#8GenericName9Posted 2/7/2013 7:09:51 AM
I'm semi-interested, I have'nt played any Castlevania since I was a teenager with Castlevania, Simon's Quest and then years later Bloodlines on Genesis, it's been THAT long for me.....almost 19 years, but I loved it back then especially Bloodlines.

I wanna see some better gameplay vids, most videos that I've seen online are just CG FMV cutscenes, they don't show ANYTHING of what the actual gameplay is going to be like, I still have yet to see any actual GAMEPLAY. I want to see how it plays, I'm basically looking for the old 2D experience with new graphics and some new weapons/features.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#9SnackasaurusPosted 2/7/2013 7:11:24 AM
Very interested actually.

I enjoyed Lords of Shadow so I have some faith there.. plus new Simon is pretty beastin,
#10Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/7/2013 7:25:51 AM
Only partly, the visuals are still putting me off. If they release a demo, they might convince me with good gameplay. If not, I most likely won't get it.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans