As more games try to make it easier on players by providing casual mode ...

#1Chenmaster2Posted 2/7/2013 8:02:25 AM
what do you think of this trend in general?
---
Pokemon Black FC: 2451-4503-4086
Monkey Hug! XP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu9-I3AMu0g
#2GhetsisPosted 2/7/2013 8:05:01 AM
As long as it's optional, I don't give a ****.
---
For those players who don't speak Australian, we have provided an English translation of the previous scene. Do you want to replay the scene?
#3GollyFluffPosted 2/7/2013 8:05:26 AM
As long as there is a normal option, I don't care
---
"Captain Falcon wasn't confirmed for Brawl. Brawl was confirmed for Captain Falcon."
#4Darkstorm16Posted 2/7/2013 8:10:45 AM
As long as it's an option who really cares? Just think if it can bring more new players because of casual mode it would encourage the developers to create more. Do people really want really hard games so that way very few people pick it up and the developers go "Oh f*ck it let's move onto something else?" But at the same time no one wants really easy either, they need to meet in the middle, and I honestly think that's where Golden Sun went wrong, I heard soo many complaints that the game is unoriginal, too many plot holes and too easy compared to the GBA (that's kinda why it turned me off), and they wonder why there's no sequel.
---
Current Systems: 3DS, DSlite, IPod Touch
If There is Evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of Man- Tales of Phantasia
#5Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 2/7/2013 8:23:25 AM
Chenmaster2 posted...
what do you think of this trend in general?

Im more concerned with the trend of developers providing as many options and as much customization for individuals as possible. Which is fantastic. Now every game has subtitles!

Its a beautiful thing when everyone can enjoy great games at their own pace and can appreciate the hard work developers do to create these products.

Personally i love old school/hard core games, but if a guy doesnt like gameplay elements he can lower the difficulty to go thru the story. If a child wants to play a game their parent plays(that their parents deem fit for their use), they can.

I wish more games allowed for full customization of control schemes tho.
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#6Argh4430Posted 2/7/2013 11:25:15 AM
It's good. It broadens the people buying the game, while still providing a challenge to those that wants it.
---
NNID: Snyder78
3DS FC: 3695-1354-4936
#7SMASHKING84Posted 2/7/2013 11:33:55 AM
Ghetsis posted...
As long as it's optional, I don't give a ****.

THIS x1000000
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#8brigadier_101Posted 2/7/2013 11:35:47 AM
Different people like different things. Some games for the challenge and accomplishment while other prefer to just sit back and enjoy the journey. As long as they have varying difficulty options, i'll be happy.
---
My reviews: http://jordanhumphries90.wordpress.com/
Latest review: Monster Shooter (Nintendo 3DS)
#9Lord_FroodPosted 2/7/2013 11:39:17 AM
Even with it being an option, it's still tricky. Look at Skyward Sword. Yeah, we got Hero Mode, but Miyamoto came right out and said that earlier versions of the whole game were much harder and they had to make the game easier to make it more accessible, which is the only reason why Hero Mode exists. So long as the developer doesn't do something like that, I don't care about a "casual" mode. But things like SS's dumbing down is why I usually worry about the future of games like Fire Emblem and EO IV. Who's to say that the original builds of those games were'nt watered down to their finished product? And they may not be at all, but I like to keep a semi-open mind.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#10hpl138Posted 2/7/2013 11:40:25 AM
Every game should have an easy, normal and hard mode. And maybe an unlockable insane mode after you beat the game.

This should be a given at this point and there isn't any excuse for companies who are too lazy to put it in.

Everybody wins that way, the hardcore gamers get their uber difficulty and new/casual players aren't chased away from a good game.