People actually never turn their system off?

#21NowujaloPosted 2/7/2013 12:56:58 PM
My 3DS has an Off button?
---
I was forced to take out a mortgage on a house and the only job i could get was from the guy who "sold" me the house.
FREAKING ANIMAL CROSSING!
#22keyblader1985Posted 2/7/2013 12:58:00 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
seriously don't get why people do this. i mean i go through spaces of a couple days at a time where i have no interest in playing the 3ds. i'm not just gonna leave it on for those 2 days, if i'm not playing it on that particular day you bet its being turned off.

I'm pretty sure few people in that situation are leaving their systems on 24/7. Most of the people who leave it on actually use it every day. Besides actual games and Street/Spotpass, I use 3DS Sound, so I rarely turn my system off.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#23Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/7/2013 3:04:25 PM
I turn mine off if I know in advance that I won't use it for some time (which never happens) or when I want to mess around with the stuff on my SD Card (which regularly happens).
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#24esoteric42Posted 2/7/2013 3:52:42 PM
toke jopic

willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that TC leaves his 3DS in sleep mode just like everyone else.

;)
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141
#25MewtwoExPosted 2/7/2013 3:55:27 PM
I never turn off my computer, if that makes sense.
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg
#26Godstriker8Posted 2/7/2013 4:23:44 PM
I never turn off my Phones or Computers, but it just feels wrong to leave a game system on when not I will use. Hell, I used to manually unplug my PS2, because it felt like it wasn't truly off with the red light showing.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#27Ruff_PuffPosted 2/7/2013 5:26:13 PM
I always turn mine off after I play, unless I'm Streetpassing my brother, or getting Playcoins.

I also find it weird that some people leave their 3DS' on overnight, but to each their own~
---
PSN: Ruff-Puff
#28ferofaxPosted 2/7/2013 8:55:03 PM
Pedometer, Streetpass, and constant Spotpass at home. So no, I do not turn it off, and I try to keep it always on. I do not think it needs rebooting to flush the RAM; I think the OS is efficient enough to only use what it needs at any given time, seeing as it has a rather limited battery life. In fact, I don't believe it can sustain sniffing out for Streetpasses and Spotpasses for a whole day if it's not efficient.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#29adampeltzPosted 2/7/2013 9:33:59 PM
There's a sleep mode... I don't think I've turned it off once since I've purchased it.. 1 year later, there's no problems with my 3DS. I also think the OS is efficient enough to handle this... the only type of detrimental impact it might have is on the battery which are replaceable.

I wish there was a sleep mode so I could leave my Wii U perpetually powered on to receive and display messages on that controller... but unfortunately there's not.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#30WillWarePosted 2/7/2013 10:01:02 PM
Solar_Crimson posted...
I turn mine off every night before I go to bed.

---
I'm not exactly "normal." Hope this isn't a problem.
Need something to do? Here's a maze: http://i.imgur.com/HSMCf.png