People actually never turn their system off?

#41ecco6t9Posted 2/7/2013 11:28:39 PM
I turn it off at night unless I need to download some eShop games and didn't have time too that day.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#42darkness1018Posted 2/8/2013 12:43:47 AM
If im not using the system then i turn it off. No use to leave it on and its not being used. I only turn it on when im gonna play, DL stuff or when i go outside for spot pass.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#43SoeroahPosted 2/8/2013 1:02:54 AM
Mine's always off unless I'm playing or in an area I can't save when I'm getting tired to the point where I drop my stylus and have to fish it out from under the bed and how did it get all the way on the other side of the bed from where it fell damn it.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#44HejiruPosted 2/8/2013 5:00:40 AM
It's meant to be left in sleep mode; it reminds you of that every freaking time you press the power button. If you turn it off you don't get StreetPass or pedometer coins.
But I usually turn my off every day once I'm not using it and there's no other people around to streetpass with.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#45kaliskonigPosted 2/8/2013 5:04:47 AM
Had it since launch and never turn it off...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwNpTt8Mjhk
#46Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2013 6:04:15 AM
Interesting topic, I've learned quite a bit today.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#47iMURDAuPosted 2/8/2013 6:06:03 AM
With over half of my streetpasses happening at home (apt complex) and the plethora of swapnotes that I receive I have no reason to ever turn the system off.

I don't understand why it needs a "rest". Its not a human being. Its not a CRT tv. Its performance doesn't become sluggish due to being left powered on. Sleep mode barely uses any battery. I'll go to work, play during lunch, come home and I'll have over 1k steps and 4 bars of battery. Do these people unplug their HDTV and current gen home consoles at night so they get "rest"? I haven't touched my Wii in weeks but I'm not going to unplug it just so it can feel refreshed.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
#48HejiruPosted 2/8/2013 6:57:54 AM
iMURDAu posted...
With over half of my streetpasses happening at home (apt complex) and the plethora of swapnotes that I receive I have no reason to ever turn the system off.

I don't understand why it needs a "rest". Its not a human being. Its not a CRT tv. Its performance doesn't become sluggish due to being left powered on. Sleep mode barely uses any battery. I'll go to work, play during lunch, come home and I'll have over 1k steps and 4 bars of battery. Do these people unplug their HDTV and current gen home consoles at night so they get "rest"? I haven't touched my Wii in weeks but I'm not going to unplug it just so it can feel refreshed.

I'm with you, but at the same time the guys who leave it on for weeks without turning it off can't be good for it, right?
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#49abbyhitterPosted 2/8/2013 7:57:47 AM
I turn my 3DS XL off after each time I play it.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#50xixihahaPosted 2/8/2013 8:19:04 AM
I turn off every time as I feel my 3DSXL drains pretty much power when it is in sleep mode. However, I never turned off my 3rd psp 3000 for about 1.5 years as it only consumes really a little bit power in sleep mode. BTW, I turn off my psvita every time as well because I feel it drains more power than psp in sleep mode. Nintendo and Sony really need to install bigger size of the battery as I don't much care about weight as long as it is in a reasonable scope.