Game Stop just called.

#1talesfan215Posted 2/7/2013 1:00:01 PM
It's 5 in the noon. My copy of Fire Emblem just arrived, but I can't make the trip to Gamestop now and they told my preorder of Fire Emblem might be sold to the next costumer that asks for it. I preordered the game and had to wait a few days, but I have to get it this instant or I might lose it? Not blaming Gamestop or its employees. But this is a bit tough to swallow.
#2jedinatPosted 2/7/2013 1:00:54 PM
That's ridiculous.
#3shadowcat2164Posted 2/7/2013 1:14:17 PM
why didnt you pay for it in advance I pay for my pre orders in full. But anyway inst a pre order guaranteed for like a week with a deposit? I h ave never had a problem with my local game stop but my local store is pretty darn awesome.
#4zaingasmPosted 2/7/2013 1:21:52 PM
If you preordered it, they're suppose to hold onto it for three days.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2019-9981-2913 [PSN:ZainEatsAirplane]
http://imgur.com/0UWsQQD.jpg <3
#5MikkoHakkePosted 2/7/2013 1:23:22 PM
I would call them, tell them that when you pre-ordered it specifically said you had 72 hours to pick it up. If they will not hold your copy, tell them you will call the District Manager.
#6EnclavePosted 2/7/2013 1:24:44 PM
Get their name and once you've written it down threaten to call corporate if they sell your copy. They have to hold it for 3 days.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#7EnderLu1Posted 2/7/2013 1:25:51 PM
Ask for the manager and explain your situation he may hold it for you longer. At my local gamestop I asked how long they will hold a game for me (I want the 3ds bundle but can't afford it at this moment) he told me until i pick it up. I told them it may take a week or two and they told me its fine.
---
I refuse to believe in a world without a Superman. Robin 2792-8132-2920
#8Gamemaster64Posted 2/7/2013 1:30:39 PM
EnderLu1 posted...
Ask for the manager and explain your situation he may hold it for you longer. At my local gamestop I asked how long they will hold a game for me (I want the 3ds bundle but can't afford it at this moment) he told me until i pick it up. I told them it may take a week or two and they told me its fine.

That I can understand if it longer then what the policy says but if he can get it within the three days then he doesn't need to explain anything but the policy and threaten to go up the ladder to complain.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.
#9xoftheuniversePosted 2/7/2013 1:31:10 PM
I won't shop let alone pre-order at Gamestop. Sorry TC Maybe next time you should try a business that cares about it's customers.
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#10CrimsonRoyalPosted 2/7/2013 1:33:46 PM
xoftheuniverse posted...
I won't shop let alone pre-order at Gamestop. Sorry TC Maybe next time you should try a business that cares about it's customers.