Game Stop just called.

#31MinamoPosted 2/7/2013 8:59:03 PM
robinhoek posted...
Minamo posted...
Why do people still shop at Gamestop? I rented this game on Gamefly, it came today, its a new copy, as in the cart had never even "initialized" before, and I can buy it right now from them for $24.70, and it comes with the packaging and free shipping.

Seriously, are you guys stupid? Why do you subject yourself to Gamestop? Sure, my copy had been opened by someone else, but its better than "Gamestop-new," where the employees take it home overnight to play it. And you can't beat that price.

I get excellent service from GameStop. It's probably because I'm a rational person though.

Paying more for the same product != Rational
#32robinhoekPosted 2/7/2013 9:02:04 PM
Minamo posted...
robinhoek posted...
Minamo posted...
Why do people still shop at Gamestop? I rented this game on Gamefly, it came today, its a new copy, as in the cart had never even "initialized" before, and I can buy it right now from them for $24.70, and it comes with the packaging and free shipping.

Seriously, are you guys stupid? Why do you subject yourself to Gamestop? Sure, my copy had been opened by someone else, but its better than "Gamestop-new," where the employees take it home overnight to play it. And you can't beat that price.

I get excellent service from GameStop. It's probably because I'm a rational person though.

Paying more for the same product != Rational

You pay for the horrendous service known as Gamefly. My copy will be sealed and actually be new and it'll have an art book.
#33MereMarePosted 2/8/2013 1:16:25 AM
I get excellent service from Gamestop/EBGames.
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#34darkness1018Posted 2/8/2013 1:56:29 AM
ACx7 posted...
My GameStop got 2 copies in yesterday. They were first come first serve to the people that pre-ordered. If they have limited stock right now it will be the same way at your GameStop. You're in now way more special than other people that pre-ordered. If they got all their copies you have a couple of days to pick it up. They can't, and wont sell it to a walk in customer until the 48 hours is up.

Really? I dont think so. Ill use me as an example. I did not pre order FE:A from GS. My friend is the manager at one of the GS stores i go to. As soon as they came in (they only had a few copies) he called me to go pick one up. He sold me someone's pre order AND gave me 2 artbooks. Code of Princess same thing. No pre order, only 2 reserve copies came in, i bought one. I mean, its good to know people for situations like this but trust me, they can sell it. Another example, my friend wanted Resistance Burning Skies on day 1. He went to a GS by his job. The clerk told him they only had pre order copies, no walk in copies avail. He told me the manager then came over and told the clerk to sell him a copy. Needless to say he got his Vita game, someone who reserved it didnt.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#35darkness1018Posted 2/8/2013 2:48:38 AM
So yea, you may wanna get there to pick it up ASAP.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#36IAznDragonI YanPosted 2/8/2013 3:27:53 AM
You pay for the horrendous service known as Gamefly. My copy will be sealed and actually be new and it'll have an art book.

how is gamefly a horrendous service?
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#37pokemon2pokerPosted 2/8/2013 3:31:26 AM
Just curious, where do you live tc?
---
Suikoden 6 please.
People who agree: 6
#38robinhoekPosted 2/8/2013 4:40:46 AM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...

how is gamefly a horrendous service?

My experience with them was terrible (granted it was about a decade ago). That is why they are a horrendous service to me. Would it have helped to have attached a big IMO to the statement? Regardless the point of the post was that he has to factor in his subscription cost into the game as well as other bonuses, tangible and intangible, that he forgoes when buying through GameFly.
#39Cody32390Posted 2/8/2013 7:25:41 AM
I've never had a bad experience at GameStop.
---
Real talk.
*CodyBDC*
#40Final Fantasy2389Posted 2/8/2013 8:09:45 AM
I usually have excellent service at Gamestop. And just call them back and tell them you plan on getting it but you can't right now. Unless they're a moron they'll usually work with you to get you what you want. Hell, I've seen Gamestop hold games for people up to 3 weeks before.
---
Former WWE Diva and BJJ Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT |