The first must have 3DS game is almost here...

#41mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:33:52 PM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Sure, if you know you need them. Too bad the game never mentions it until you can't go any further without them.

I'm not one to collect things in a game, I just like to play through. Therefore, I ignored the star coins.

Just because it doesn't have "New" in the title doesn't mean it isn't basically a 3D platforming version of NSMB. If you played NSMB, you know that you NEED star coins. And honestly, if you aren't trying to get that "COMPLETE" text to show up for a world then there really isn't much point in playing. It's not like the Dragon coins in SMW, these coins actually count for something, you're SUPPOSED to collect them, they aren't just for an extra life.

Game should have told me that so I could have collected them on the way, instead of letting me get to a point where I couldn't progress further and telling me to go back and collect them then.

Lots of games do things like that. It's not okay in any of them.
#42CompassPosted 2/7/2013 10:44:51 PM
It's not okay for games to assume common sense in the player?

Ah, so you're the reason we still get tutorials that shed light on such longstanding mysteries as how to walk: "Push up on the Control Pad." Thanks! I was confounded!
#43mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 10:54:37 PM
Compass posted...
It's not okay for games to assume common sense in the player?

Ah, so you're the reason we still get tutorials that shed light on such longstanding mysteries as how to walk: "Push up on the Control Pad." Thanks! I was confounded!

It's not common sense to know you need to collect things to progress in the game without being told.

As far as anyone would know those coins were there just to be there. Nowhere does it tell you you'll be needing to collect them until you can't progress further.
#44Sir_HaxorPosted 2/8/2013 7:36:13 AM
The FE fanboys are starting to get weird. it's a good game but not the best. KI:U is far better. Not to mention it was a new take on a dead franchise. That alone give sit some added morale.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#45Buttery_ToastPosted 2/8/2013 9:40:10 AM
Meh.

Soul Hackers is the only must have coming out the first half of this year for me.
---
My body is always Reggie.
Currently playing: P3P, Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, Psychonauts
#46ZeusPosted 2/8/2013 2:37:37 PM
Zeus posted...
The first must have 3DS game already came out. It was called Kid Icarus Uprising.

That game felt like it was giving me carpal tunnel.

More like carpal AWESOME.

I couldn't be bothered to finish Kid Icarus even on 0.0.

Why would you play on 0.0 in the first place? Anything under 6.0 is easy as hell and I've done some stages at 9.0 with the starting First Blade and no powers.

Zeus posted...
The first must have 3DS game already came out. It was called Kid Icarus Uprising.

Actually Resident Evil: Revelations was the first must have for the 3DS. It was such a must have that every other console had to have it as well.

RER may have come out first (well, before KIU...), but it's hardly must-have. The campaign was lousy (although apparently better than RE6, LOL!) although I enjoyed the hell out of Raid Mode.

Otherwise, Crapcom would rather port handheld titles to consoles than actually work on new titles. They still owe use a Mega Man Legends 3DS.
---
(\/)(\/)|-|
#47mmpepsi(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 12:36:23 AM
Buttery_Toast posted...
Meh.

Soul Hackers is the only must have coming out the first half of this year for me.

I might try that, but I have a few other SMT games that I haven't started yet like Persona 1 and 2 on PSP.