We need a new Advance Wars!

#1FenderMasterPosted 2/7/2013 4:03:11 PM
Fire Emblem is all well and good for people more interested in the stats, levelling up and anime fantasy story, but i prefer the AW series, pure strategy, pure gameplay! It's been too long since Dark Conflict!
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#2iMURDAuPosted 2/7/2013 4:07:33 PM
I wasn't interested in Fire Emblem until I realized it could be ****ever before a new Advance Wars came out and I needed my strategy RPG fix. Now watch all we'll get is another sequel to a game about pushing and pulling things. Not that the "-mo/blox" games are bad but... read the topic title in an urgent voice.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
#3FenderMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 4:15:17 PM
iMURDAu posted...
I wasn't interested in Fire Emblem until I realized it could be ****ever before a new Advance Wars came out and I needed my strategy RPG fix. Now watch all we'll get is another sequel to a game about pushing and pulling things. Not that the "-mo/blox" games are bad but... read the topic title in an urgent voice.

I don't think IS will keep making Pull games. The first was brilliant, but it was so perfect that there really is no need for any more sequels. I'll probably give FE a try, i liked the first one for GBA, but for strategy fans (not SRPG) AW is the better series.
---
http://www.jvp-boston.org
#4marioparty17Posted 2/7/2013 4:19:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5NeonYoshi11Posted 2/7/2013 6:44:55 PM
I love FE & AW.

A new Advance Wars game is needed though.

I would stick with Advance Wars as the title simple because that is how us in the US know of it.

Calling it 3DS Wars just sounds gimicky.

* Go back to AW 1 + 2 Art style, but have it updated obviously.

* New World , New music, New units, New characters, New abilities , add in a few RPG elements to give it a fresh feel.

* Update the Map creator

* Make sure multiplayer is good.
#6hpl138Posted 2/7/2013 7:07:21 PM
marioparty17 posted...
Wish i could play the series, but since it rare not, i have to resort to ROM, or "Carts"

and i dont want to play it like that.

Really? Guess it depends on where you live, but I've picked up one of the DS titles used for $10 fairly recently. I regularly see the GBA games available used as well for cheap..
#7lunchEATSyouPosted 2/7/2013 7:20:54 PM
FenderMaster posted...
Fire Emblem is all well and good for people more interested in the stats, levelling up and anime fantasy story, but i prefer the AW series, pure strategy, pure gameplay! It's been too long since Dark Conflict!

I say that FE actually has more strategy.

With FE, you have to worry about perma-death; where as Advance Wars you could just sacrifice as many faceless units as you please.

Could you imagine an Advance Wars game where say, a character like Andy or Sami could be killed off in the first stage due to your own bad decisions?
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#8WestbrickIIIPosted 2/7/2013 7:35:16 PM
Dual Strike isn't much of a strategy game, and they really should avoid over-the-top CO powers in the next release.

It's really too bad Days of Ruin was received so poorly, because it's easily the best in the series in terms of unit balance, multiplayer, and music. Probably one of my favorite games actually. I'd love to see another game in that style.
---
The only thing more consistent than the Pats beating the Texans is my mother's regret she survived childbirth, knowing she spawned a welcher
#9FefnirOmega13Posted 2/7/2013 7:54:46 PM
WestbrickIII posted...
Dual Strike isn't much of a strategy game, and they really should avoid over-the-top CO powers in the next release.

There is strategy in DS:

Pick Hachi/Kanbei or Colin/Kanbei

Win
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#10ChiefColePosted 2/7/2013 7:59:05 PM
We NEED Advance Wars! It would be so heavenly in 3d! Advance Wars is like Fire Emblems younger brother, they have to stick together!